Bonus 04/03/2017 05:52 PM CDT
How does the survival Bonus work these days? Does it give everything a percentage boost? Does it exceed global caps? Is there a way to see the actual boost (since it doesn't show up in EXP MODS for some reason?)
Re: Bonus 04/03/2017 10:41 PM CDT

Everything I've seen seems to indicate it's the same 20% bonus that everything else provides at cap, and limited by the global caps. No good way to determine the actual boost. Other than the few survivals that we don't get a buff spell (scouting and FA? Woohoo!) it only acts as a penalty we suffer for being in towns.
Re: Bonus 04/04/2017 09:38 AM CDT
>it only acts as a penalty we suffer for being in towns.

As far as I can tell, applying a penalty is the primary function of the ranger bonus since global caps were imposed/normalized.

For example, with a maxed out bonus I don't need to cast Instinct. But I do notice that casting instinct on a capped bonus, while it shows a +evasion via EXP mods, does not actually seem to improve my defensive score in any appreciable way, so I think the bonus is hitting the global cap before the spell is applied (or maybe the spell is overriding the + from the bonus). I notice the same thing with WS and foraging round times. It sucks because I feel half our spell book is just there to help us mitigate the penalties applied by not having a good bonus :(

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)
Re: Bonus 04/04/2017 10:03 AM CDT

Does the wilderness bonus apply to Evasion? https://elanthipedia.play.net/Wilderness_bonus claims that evasion and backstabbing are ignored. I thought thieving was as well but I guess not, so it works as a thieving buff for all those urban rangers.
Re: Bonus 04/04/2017 11:42 AM CDT
Well shoot, shows you what I know about the bonus as it relates to evasion.

I will say you can swap my story about evasion, the bonus, and instinct, with foraging, the bonus, and WS and it applies. The only time I notice the bonus is when my skills are taking huge hits :(

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)