EXP Bonus Pools 01/11/2017 03:23 PM CST
Your Armor pool could fill 16 empty skills to 200 ranks and one empty skill to 94 ranks.
Your Weapon pool could fill one empty skill to 108 ranks.
Your Magic pool could fill 20 empty skills to 200 ranks and one empty skill to 166 ranks.
Your Survival pool could fill 74 empty skills to 200 ranks and one empty skill to 53 ranks.
Your Lore pool could fill 11 empty skills to 200 ranks and one empty skill to 152 ranks.

I was trying to remember the command EXP MODS when I stumbled on this. OK, I didn't even know I had these! Why didn't anyone tell me??! Haha :D
What would you do to maximize getting your ranks back? Can I just dump some of these into a specific skill? I've always trained every skill (first to 50, then 100, then 300...) I sure would love to just be able to set my lore skills to 200 and move on.

~Hunter Hanryu
"the potential worst case scenario was...very worst case." - Armifer
Re: EXP Bonus Pools 01/11/2017 03:29 PM CST
The quick and dirty explanation: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Experience_command (scroll down to bonus)

It works by playing. So if you scout, you will gain bonused scouting. I think of it as getting an RPA to learning in those skills until the bonus pools empty. You can control when it works by toggling it on and off.

EXP BONUS
This command is used to manage the skillset bonus experience pools which were created due to the changes in skills with the release of DR 3.0 in January 2013. Many skills were combined or eliminated, and any experience a character had earned in the old skills which was not transferred into a new skill was placed into bonus pools. There is a bonus pool for each of the five skillsets. Whenever you absorb field experience in a skill, you will also absorb an equal number of bits from the bonus pool for that skillset, until that pool is empty. Effectively, the bonus pools mean you are absorbing twice the experience for each pulse for as long as the pools remain. In this way you are essentially being paid back the experience you lost when the eliminated skills were removed.

The pools can selectively be toggled on or off to control when you drain experience from each. There is no time limit on using experience from the bonus pools.

Nikpack
Re: EXP Bonus Pools 01/11/2017 03:37 PM CST

>Your Survival pool could fill 74 empty skills to 200 ranks

Holy crap. https://elanthipedia.play.net/Experience_command#EXP_BONUS You'll need to toggle the bonus pool on, and it will basically double your learning. You can't really target one specific skill without avoiding training any others in that skillset, which may be more trouble then it's worth. You can certainly toggle it off anytime you aren't learning the skill in question if you want.
Re: EXP Bonus Pools 01/11/2017 04:18 PM CST
>>Your Survival pool could fill 74 empty skills to 200 ranks

>Holy crap

Yeah, he really slacked off, didn't he?

Nikpack