Basic Tanning Question 07/18/2014 02:56 PM CDT
I'm back from a break of several years and I'm trying to get back up to speed. I see that lots of the creation systems are changing. Could someone clue me in on tanning?

I'm trying to make a simple weapon strap. When I first interact with pelt potion or leather lotion, I see a message that the stuff has changed. It still seems to work, however.

I took perfect goblin skins and rat pelts and poured the appropriate solution and waited for hours. When I get out the pelt or skin I see that the noun is changed to leather. I'm following the old instructions I used to use on olwydd.org. I'm getting stuck trying to use the pattern:

> glance

You glance down to see a weapon strap pattern in your right hand and some rat-pelt leather in your left hand.
> put pattern on my rat leather
You can't put that there!

I've tried swapping hands and using different verbs, but I seem to be stuck.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Basic Tanning Question 07/18/2014 04:29 PM CDT
<<put pattern on my rat leather>>

Try STUDYING the pattern. I believe tanning and tailoring both work off of the same model now.

Bluefalcon
Re: Basic Tanning Question 07/18/2014 04:37 PM CDT
>>Try STUDYING the pattern. I believe tanning and tailoring both work off of the same model now.

Do patterns work anymore?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Basic Tanning Question 07/19/2014 04:53 AM CDT
>Do patterns work anymore?

It doesn't appear so. Should the tanner be updated to stop selling them?
Re: Basic Tanning Question 07/19/2014 08:24 PM CDT
The tanner's junk is no longer part of the system.

All crafting material is either gathered or sold in one of the Society buildings.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html