Makin Money 04/01/2014 01:23 PM CDT
So I have never been plat centric before and I refuse to get it by other world means.

So my questions is with mid 500's in offensive and defensive and skinning but high 100's low 200's in locksmithing skills what is everyones opinion on where would the best place to hunt to maximize plat production?

If you do not want to give up your secret hunting area I will understand, but with guild fest coming up I would like to have some spending cash just in case there is something there I want.
Re: Makin Money 04/01/2014 01:35 PM CDT
Generally, to maximize plat generation, you want to find the hardest thing you can kill as quickly as possible, as swarmy as possible.

Since you have high skinning, I'd recommend something skinnable (I know, it's obvious), and doing several arranges each time. I'd also suggest something that drops coin/treasure, as you're going to be plowing through thousands or hundreds of thousands of critters, and you can make 500 plat off a map, or some decent change off a scroll, and the gem/coin drops aren't anything to sneeze at.

I'd go so far as to say, for pure plat-per-hour generation, not concerned about skills, just maximizing coin, don't bother with locksmithing, especially since it's 200-400 ranks below everything else, it would just slow you down, and the boxes you could pick are well below your economic range.

At a much, much, lower rank than you can hunt, I'd say quartz gargs are awesome, but they stop mid-200s. If you're 400-500-600 in combat ranks...Gryphons? I'm honestly not familiar with combat once it breaks over the 200-300 range. I plugged this in to the bestiary on elanthipedia, and saw warklins and black marble gargoyles as well (though those stop at 375 and are cursed).

Personally I'd avoid anything undead, and flat out wouldn't hunt non-corp unless you have a pet cleric to continually drop 200+ count blessings on your weapons.

One thing I'm not sure of, and hope someone can tell me, is whether it's more grossly efficient to hunt pure skinnable critters, if you have extremely high skinning and can pull off max perfect arrange, when compared to a skin/coin critter. I'd almost assume the pure skin could reach higher values.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Makin Money 04/01/2014 02:11 PM CDT
Apes if you can survive them.

Arct
Re: Makin Money 04/01/2014 10:17 PM CDT
Warklins/maulers should still teach.

GENT
Re: Makin Money 04/02/2014 05:54 PM CDT

Not too terribly worried about skill never have been truly, I am just looking for the best plat/time investment I can make.
Re: Makin Money 04/11/2014 10:52 PM CDT
apes if you can skin em.

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."