Stuns 02/04/2014 05:30 PM CST
I am currently hunting in silver/gold/ruby gryphons and I am getting mighty annoyed at their stuns and ability to knock me down. Do any of you rangers that hunt these get knocked down and stunned and if not, do you have an idea of what I could train so I don't get knocked down and stunned? I already know training discipline helps---mine is 54, if that helps in your answer.

I do find it funny that I can still stalk and ambush well while lying down. Even got some bow work in while lying down. Shhhh....let's not tell the GMs.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Stuns 02/05/2014 04:38 PM CST
I tried hunting those too, but didn't like them. Mainly the flying part, but I was only training melee weapons at the time.

After young gryphons I hunted in orc reivers and raiders for a while...which taught very well, but was in a bad area for rangers and are not skinnable.

After that I hunted Scaly Seordmaor, at Ker'Leor west of Therenborough.
Not sure if they would work for you or not. Their special attack involves lightning, which can fray your nerves and make it hard to hide over time if you get hit with it a lot.

I really liked the area though. Good hunting and a lot of cliffs around that I used to train climbing.
Re: Stuns 02/05/2014 06:08 PM CST

I disliked the special attacks as well. After gryphon I think I did a combo of the raider/reaver and basilisks to get skin and boxes over multiple weapons.

Jalika
Re: Stuns 02/05/2014 11:58 PM CST
Yeah I'm following your lead Jalika too. Hunting in raiders for boxes and basilisks (do you know how heavy those @#$#%@#$%% teeth are???) and like I said, gryphons.

Ok, so nothing I can do can stop the stuns...now another question more up your alley Jalika---how many ranks of locksmithing do I need to open sky giant boxes? I've opened 2 and thought I could do them regularly but it turns out they were flukes (or not really sky giant boxes) and I don't fancy blowing myself.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow (who chittered herself sick watching me blow myself up the one time I tried giants boxes)
Re: Stuns 02/06/2014 07:46 PM CST
I can tell you that in the mid 500s I usually disarm quick to normal sky giants. I don't remember when I first began disarming them. If you don't mind the trip to Hib, Mountain Giants are a softer step up and have boxes, plus I've been able to backtrain weapons as low as 200 ranks there (granted Mastery helping). I disarm and pick quick without IDing those and always get plenty. Good spawn.

Jalika
Re: Stuns 02/06/2014 09:10 PM CST
Thanks for the reminder! When I get tired of Theren I will back to my home. Or as much of a home as I have. At least in Ilithi I can talk all I want about the stupidity of Barons. Thanks for the response! When you sneak by, after picking my pockets dry, give me a hug eh?

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow