Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 10:46 AM CDT
I've been sitting and training my lores in a 5/5 room for literally 3 1/2 hours and my bonus has not moved from 14/16.

The move from 13/16 to 14/16 took about 30 minutes, so I'm failing to find the progression math.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks!

-TPO
Karisalthna
Re: Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 11:18 AM CDT
Each message is a range. Just because the room messages as the highest range, doesn't mean it is the max.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 11:43 AM CDT
I sadly JUST found that out via Assist.

After 4 hours wasted, I'd like to propose that the messaging gets updated to reflect the 'actual' bonus. Otherwise I'm sitting in a room and hoping it's max instead of knowing.

-TPO
Karisalthna
Re: Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 12:45 PM CDT
>>I sadly JUST found that out via Assist.

For a small bit of time the discern verb actually told you where in the range each room was.

I'm not sure if it still does or if there is another back door.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 02:39 PM CDT
The grotto behind the waterfall out the West Gate is a very high wilderness room. So is the west room of the Crossing guild. I didn't test many other places. A lot of cave areas (like beisswurms) are very high wilderness rooms. All the Ranger cache rooms should be very high wilderness, as well (although you can't really do anything in there).

If you are just going to regain your bonus, you might try those rooms.

GENT
Re: Ranger Bonus 03/12/2013 02:47 PM CDT
Discern a spell that the low end is in adept or expert levels since those two have each rank as a number level instead of 10 rank span on levels. Then you can see it raise or lower depending on the rooms wilderness rating. This only helps high magic skilled rangers though, as young rangers won't have the arcana to pull off a full discern messaging for spells that hard. Shoot, several older rangers probably won't.

MON low end is adept level.
BES low end is adept level.
CS low end is adept level.

So, esoteric spells?

I've given examples in the past using discern in different full wilderness rooms showing the difference. First examples I used where when max mana would adjust depending on wilderness. That doesn't change anymore, so now you have to use one of the above spells, and watch the change in the minimum skill needed to cast.

Having MON active will effect the minimum and maximum skill needed to cast a ranger spell in rooms that pace as below full wilderness. I haven't seen any adjustment in casting for low end full wilderness rooms, but I can't cap MON yet either. 78 is my max if I'm in the west room inside the ranger guild, otherwise I cast it at 73 in other rooms that pace at full wilderness.

I hope that wasn't too confusing for anyone.