Training scouting 01/28/2013 06:04 PM CST
Hello fellow rangers. 3.0 skills mean that I need scouting again to circle.

What's the best way to train scouting?

Is it still best to just go back and forth between a single trail?

Does the length or difficulty of said trail matter?

Does the skill move faster if you cycle through a lot of different trails?

Is using HUNT a viable strategy?

Thanks!

Talliska Wildclaw
Free agent of Zoluren
Re: Training scouting 01/28/2013 11:41 PM CST
Scouting is very very hard to learn at the moment. You might want to read the complaints folder. GM Raesh has offered to at least read our suggestions. Right now, the best way to learn scouting is HUNT verb. It isn't working very well, as folks have reported no experience sometimes, which there should have been.

Everyone is in the same boat, having to train scouting. It's always the last req I have to get to circle.

Best of luck. Hopefully Raesh will be able to plug in something.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Training scouting 01/31/2013 02:29 PM CST

Last time I had to train scouting to circle, I was looking for a pair of short trails that lead into and out of a hunting area.

I would take a trail into the hunting area, HUNT, HUNT #, then take the returning trail back. Then repeat.

When I was a lot younger, I used a trail from Rossmans to the area below gryphons, HUNT, HUNT #, then back to Rossmans.
I know those wouldn't teach me anything now, they aren't tough enough to learn from HUNT.

The toughest critters I can think of with short trails leading to and from would be shalswar/DP Sentinels/Zealots.. or maybe Mountain Giants?
Oh, Damaska Boars/Black Goblins have trails to/from that area too I think.