Horse training question 06/27/2021 10:35 PM CDT
Who do we ask (and what do we ask) to be able to teach horses to Rear/Spin? I tried asking the stablemasters all kinds of things and nothing seems to be working.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Horse training question 06/28/2021 06:18 AM CDT
>>SAPPHIRE8: Who do we ask (and what do we ask) to be able to teach horses to Rear/Spin? I tried asking the stablemasters all kinds of things and nothing seems to be working.

What circle are you, which stablemaster are you asking, and what syntax are you using?

GM Cordulia
Re: Horse training question 06/28/2021 07:59 AM CDT
>>Who do we ask (and what do we ask) to be able to teach horses to Rear/Spin? I tried asking the stablemasters all kinds of things and nothing seems to be working.
Thanks in advance.

A Ranger must first learn from one of the stablemen NPCs (not the stablemaster) in Theren, Crossing, or Langenfirth, unless otherwise noted. When trying to learn more than one skill at a time, you must wait about a minute between requesting them.

I want to say it phrased as spin not rear, but if not then try rear. The horse system can be tricky sometimes.

info gathered from epedia, horses
Re: Horse training question 06/28/2021 11:18 AM CDT
>>DR-CORDULIA: What circle are you, which stablemaster are you asking, and what syntax are you using?

I'm a 65 circle ranger. I was asking the main stablemasters, the ones who teach the horse basics (Kenefick in Crossing for example)
ask kenefick about spin
ask kenefick about rear
ask kenefick about trick

>>PURHEART: A Ranger must first learn from one of the stablemen NPCs (not the stablemaster) in Theren, Crossing, or Langenfirth, unless otherwise noted. When trying to learn more than one skill at a time, you must wait about a minute between requesting them.

I was asking the main stablemasters, the ones who teach the horse basics (Kenefick in Crossing for example). I asked the stableman outside Kenefick's office as you suggested and it worked. Now I just need to go back and train all the horses I promised to train fully.