Personal Trails 02/07/2016 01:24 PM CST
I'm having a hard time finding a benefit for using personal trails in their current configuration. Does anyone else actually use them and if so, would you mind sharing what benefits you find in them?
Re: Personal Trails 02/07/2016 05:05 PM CST

I used to make them when I was hunting in that maze area in muspari. Would drop the trail near the town gate, when I was done hunting use the trail to get back out so I didn't have to deal with maze.

Occasionally they are useful to getting a group into an area they might not have been able to access otherwise.

But generally, no, I don't use them.

Jalika
Re: Personal Trails 02/07/2016 05:24 PM CST
>I used to make them when I was hunting in that maze area in muspari. Would drop the trail near the town gate, when I was done hunting use the trail to get back out so I didn't have to deal with maze.

>Occasionally they are useful to getting a group into an area they might not have been able to access otherwise.

>But generally, no, I don't use them.

>Jalika

I could see dropping one for a maze but, if you're hunting aren't you limiting yourself due to the time limit of the trails existence? I can see dropping one to get a group somewhere they couldn't normally access as well.
I guess what I'm getting at is, if you put forth the effort to create a trail I feel it should be a little more rewarding. I'd like to see a little more permanence with them. I'd also like the ability have more than one trail but, I can understand no more than two. A trail to and from a certain area is beneficial.
Re: Personal Trails 02/07/2016 08:09 PM CST

>I could see dropping one for a maze but, if you're hunting aren't you limiting yourself due to the time limit of the trails existence?

You read the markings on the rock and then take careful note of your surroundings. Based on your intimate knowledge of the wilderness, you conclude that the trail marker will exist for about 59 more minutes.

Depends if your hunt takes more than an hour. I tend to lock each weapon and then move on (there is stealing to be done, after all) so it worked out okay for me. I think one trail at a time would be a nice change.

Jalika
Re: Personal Trails 02/08/2016 08:03 AM CST

Could also make it based on Scouting/Outdoors or purely Scouting.

Example:

How many personal trails are determined by Scouting.

With Scouting/Outdoors determines how long it/they last.
Re: Personal Trails 02/08/2016 11:40 AM CST
My hunting style tends to be considerably longer than 1 hour. Right now my personal trail lasts 47 mins. I'll have to do more testing but, I haven't noticed any skill training from making a personal trail. If we learned something from it then a shorter time frame on them is some what acceptable. Otherwise, I'd personally like to see them last at least in the neighborhood of at least 6 hours depending on skill. A full day would be awesome. A week even better. I'm not in that habit of bouncing around through critters.

2 trails should be a given. An entrance and an exit.
Re: Personal Trails 02/11/2016 08:13 PM CST
>>entrance and exit...

Is it 90th or 100th circle where we can have 2 PTMs concurrently?
Re: Personal Trails 03/27/2016 11:15 AM CDT
Was part of our 100th ability bonus I believe, along with the Hunter bow creation.

~Van