Bonus 10/07/2012 12:30 PM CDT
Is Ranger bonus max dependent on charisma like Thief bonus is? Or is it a flat system, anyone can max it out the gate?

I.E.- Around 40 charisma to get max bonus for Thieves.
Re: Bonus 10/07/2012 02:00 PM CDT
Our bonus doesn't max out when we first get out in the wilds. It builds over time. I don't know if it's based on charisma, but I've heard several times that it is circle based. IE a 60th circle ranger can spend more time in town than a 10th level ranger without frying his bonus. (It still goes down, but a 60th level ranger usually spends more time in the wilds.) That being said it's always a good idea to spend the least amount of time in towns.

Bluefalcon
Re: Bonus 10/08/2012 09:21 PM CDT
<<IE a 60th circle ranger can spend more time in town than a 10th level ranger without frying his bonus.>>

Gee I must be doing something wrong then cuz I lose several "ranks" of bonus. Like if II have a max bonus...then I head into town for say half an hour, I come out trying to howl and only doing a whisper (at best). Once, I stayed in town 2 hours and completely tanked the bonus...first time I ever mooed!

I would hate to learn what happens to younger folks. I must say, I love my fairy and I hope they keep beseeches and that one (plus craddle, preserve, clean, see in the dark and walk on water--those are the ones I use the most).

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Bonus 10/08/2012 10:25 PM CDT
Bonus is I think percentile.

So a person with 1 rank in things getting a 1000000% penalty bonus isn't as effected as a person with 10000 ranks getting a 1% bonus, and all that jazz.

I think the bonus also depends on where you're at right? Some rooms are 'more bad' than others? So maybe you were just in a terrible room?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Bonus 10/08/2012 11:32 PM CDT
>I think the bonus also depends on where you're at right? Some rooms are 'more bad' than others? So maybe you were just in a terrible room?

The more extreme the difference between the room setting and your current bonus, the faster it changes.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Bonus 10/09/2012 02:10 AM CDT
<<The more extreme the difference between the room setting and your current bonus, the faster it changes.>>

Oh now he tells me! That fits. I'm usually in full wild and then hang in town (as little as possible but still...

Ok now can someone tell me why the thicket where orc raiders/bandits/reivers are is "familiar" and the whole of Rossman's Keep is "wild"?

Though, if a GM is looking in...DON'T change Rossman's!

Re: Bonus 10/09/2012 07:25 AM CDT
Honestly, if any Ranger is hunting in Rossmans, they might as well trail to Langenfirth and absorb ranks while hanging somewhere there. IIRC, like 80% of that town is Bonus+, maybe more.

The Shard Sentinel nods to Alexii and says, "Yes, you may pass."
Alexii says, "Sucker!"
Re: Bonus 10/09/2012 09:48 PM CDT
Traveling to Langen is an attractive idea except when wounded one can't take the bridge or run trails...or when the only awake empath is in Haven. Still, I would love to know why Rossman's is all wilderness. I can see the manor where kartais are as wilderness...it is reclaiming the manor, but Rossman's is supposed to be manned and active, even if I have never ever seen an npc there.

Anyway, thanks for the info on bonus differences. I will take more care not to go from full wildness to city. I so wish we had wilderness banks and furriers all over. At the last official ranger meeting where Edhala welcomed GM Sithix, she mentioned that she had coded and almost ready a sort of traveling band that would bank your coins and pay for your furs in the wilds. You had to look for them (as befits us rangers!). Perhaps someone will dig it out and implement it. Sithix are you watching? : p

Re: Bonus 10/10/2012 08:59 AM CDT
(Romney / Ryan 2012)

- Kart