Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/03/2010 03:56 PM CDT
Can anyone give me some hints as to the requirements of the trail from Haven Ferry (south side) to Lang? I can see the trailmarker if I SCOUT TRAIL, but if I try to LOOK TRAIL or GO TRAIL, it gives me the "cannot find what you are referring to" message.

I just reached 175 scouting, which according to multiple sources is the requirement for this trail. My bonus is intact, which seems to help not at all, and Clear Vision seems to have no effect, either.
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/03/2010 04:15 PM CDT
When trails first came out, I found that Go Trail tended to lose the trailmarker- but Go Trailmarker worked, if I had the skill to see the marker in the first place.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/03/2010 10:08 PM CDT
I can tell you it takes a bit more than 175 to use that trail. If I remeber right it was around 200-220 with a good cast of WS up to use it and still couldn't take more than myself.
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/04/2010 05:16 AM CDT
The total requisite is somewhere near 500 ranks combined scouting/perception.

I just hit this mark about a month, month and a half ago. My scouting has always been atrocious, and I've never really cared to mindlessly run trails. I ran into the same issue of finding it, but being unable to actually run it.

So, congrats on seeing the trail! You'll be able to run it soon enough.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/04/2010 10:25 PM CDT
Thanks for the advice, guys. My perception is only 204, so the combined is 380 (as of today). Looks like I have a VERY long way to go then. It's not that I really hate swimming the Jantspyre and Faldesu, swimming is one of my primary survivals, it is just awfully time consuming.

I'll keep at it, maybe try again at 200 scouting.
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/04/2010 10:33 PM CDT
Sadly swimming is faster than taking that trail
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 10/25/2010 10:02 PM CDT
If I remember right I couldn't run that trail until I had 222 in perception and 220 in scouting. After that no problem running it.

Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 12/21/2010 11:17 PM CST
I'm still a fair bit off from seeing this trail, but when I was looking at a map, there are two in the same room? Is this right? And if so, how would one take the second trail? Go second trail?
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 12/23/2010 05:43 PM CST
The trail to fens is the one you would take. The other ends in the same room.

The same situation is the trail to rossman's, where when you take the trail back, you end up where you started. As far as I know, these are the only 2 trails like that.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: Trail from Haven Ferry to Lang 01/10/2011 05:10 AM CST
>scout trai
You notice a trailmarker painted on a smooth stone.

Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>look trai
Painted in dull green on one of the smooth stones is the sign of the fenberry bush.

Perception: 233 Scouting: 192

Never bothered to check before then. But this was buffless, with ranger bonus a bit below perfect.