Re: Ranger Trails 06/02/2010 12:24 PM CDT
>All that hard work on trails and many rangers don't use them cuz they don't teach well anymore.

don't teach well AND are slower than the manual alternative in all but one case.

-pete
Re: Ranger Trails 06/02/2010 12:27 PM CDT
I find it kind of disappointing that higher scouting doesn't reduce your travel time on trails, or is my scouting just not high enough. I pretty much only use 2 trails, one from bandits to lang area and back and the other from se of the NE gate in crossing to the ferry area and back to the NTR
Re: Ranger Trails 06/02/2010 12:33 PM CDT
>>don't teach well AND are slower than the manual alternative in all but one case.

I use the ones from the Haven Ferry to Lang and vice versa, and the ones from Rossman's to north of Lang and back, all depending on where I'm going/coming from.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Ranger Trails 06/02/2010 06:07 PM CDT
They are slow but and this is a big but...it is so scenic and so well, rangerly! Unless I have to get someone/somewhere fast as in an invasion or healing, I use them all the time. The folks who worked on the trails deserve our kudos and get mine.

And that trail from Haven Ferry to fens is a very hard one to travel. One of the hardest if I remember correctly. And of course it's going to be long...we are running around the lake, not swimming through it. But when I run it, I use that opportunity to get a coke, pee, make a snack...let the cat out.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: Ranger Trails 06/07/2010 11:15 PM CDT
Wait... you mean there's a vending stand on that trail? I could have sworn I would have seen it! I want a coke SO bad... this whole not having coke in elanthia sucks ass. I demand to be informed where that snack stand is!

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Ranger Trails 06/08/2010 11:46 AM CDT
Yes theres' a snack area on that trail! I'm surprised you didn't find it! I just followed my nose and tummy and voila...found the snack stand. It has wonderful stuff you can't get in other places in DR.

Try the coke, Purnay..nice and strong with that great bite after I swallow. Oh and the pizza is hot, and tasty.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky (who hates coke--more for me!)
Re: Ranger Trails 06/09/2010 10:01 PM CDT
>Try the coke, Purnay..nice and strong with that great bite after I swallow. Oh and the pizza is hot, and tasty.

uh... interesting
Yo no se nada

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."