So very confused about Hib trails 04/14/2010 09:43 PM CDT
I took the ferry that put me on the Road to Hib for the first time. Not being familiar with that area, I stepped off the ferry and looked for a trail to Hib itself.. and of course didn't know the spire was Shard.

Really? You can run from Hib to Shard? My geography about that part of the world is so confused. Unfortunately, now I can't find a way back... is there one?

The reverse trails are usually right around the same area, but all I found was a trail to Seord Kerwaith, "mountain gorge" on the trailmarker.

[Haalikshal Highway, Ferry Dock]
An ample dock lies in an elbow of the river, and to its stones is fastened the stout chain that guides the
ferry. Although many a fisherman would like to tie his punt or rowboat here, the ferrymen fend them off,
warning them against fouling the tow-line or, with more urgency, against getting caught between the heavy
timbers of the ferry and the stones of the dock. You also see the Evening Star.
Also here: Nightlark Alisyn.
Obvious paths: west.

>w
[Haalikshal Highway, Himineldar Shel to Ain Ghazal]
The road moves among low hills, through a patchwork quilt of fields and wood lots. The cry of a boatman on the
nearby river breaks the night silence from time to time.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
>scout trail
You notice a trailmarker painted on a polished river stone.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
>l tra
A clear representation of a tall spire is painted on the smooth rock.

[Shard, Northwestern Shore]
A muddy path wanders through the reeds to the west of the city of Shard, the dark-brown mud clinging to the hem of cloaks and trousers of those who travel this route. Somewhere to the east, a fish or some other creature splashes in the lake, disturbing the stillness of the trail.
Obvious paths: northeast, south.
Re: So very confused about Hib trails 04/14/2010 09:52 PM CDT
Ok, I guess I'm not nuts. I kept poking around and found I was just west of the East Gate of Shard. I found the hidden path to here -

[Wyvern Trail, Narrow Path]
Fields lie fallow and overgrown by weeds, the farms abandoned to time and the wind. With each step, a small cloud of dust rises into the air to hang there for a moment before dispersing.
Obvious paths: east, west.
>scout trail
You notice a trailmarker painted on a rusted plow blade.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
>l trail
The split river sign is clearly painted on the rusty blade.

And made my way back to Hib!
Re: So very confused about Hib trails 04/15/2010 10:54 AM CDT
All of P5 is directly accessible from Shard except for Ain Ghazal, which takes a short skiff ride from either Haalikshal Highway or Ilaya Tapia southwest of Leth Deriel.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: So very confused about Hib trails 04/16/2010 04:14 PM CDT
There are also trails to Hib available from the ranger guild. They are just around the path you use to get into the guild.

Now a warning. There are a few "river" markers. Unless it says split river, don't take them, unless you are legendary enough to fight apes. Also beware of mountain gorges and snowy cliffs. IIRC, snowy cliffs are safe to take as those lead up the moutain to the temple of Asketi. Mountain gorges however, lead to mountain giants and I still can't play catch with their stone balls yet.

Happily, there are trails around the goblin hunting area that are safe as long as you don't take river ones. These trails are to the monastary and to the blighted ogre, dryads and blood vines area which can kill but not instantly like apes and goblins can.

If you see me in game, I would be happy to show you all the trails I know in and around Hib. While you are there, please take the time to LOOK at everything. The GMs did a masterful job of providing so much detail in nearly every room. And please look at everything in the ranger guild. Also kudos to the GMs who made that guild so interesting. Again, I would be happy to point out the various unique things in the ranger guild. And don't forget to visit the bar and darts area in the guild too.

Oh yeah, another warning. The ziplines in the ranger guild are safe to use. The ziplines in the trees of Boar Clan aren't...unless you like goblins and apes.

Oh and in case you didn't realize it, these aren't Crossing goblins and who knew apes have a MEAN nasty streak? (I even tried bringing them bananas once, to see if they would not kill me. They killed me and THEN took the bananas.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky