fire arrows , scouting issues, spells and first aid 04/18/2009 04:50 PM CDT
Since we completely lack any fire based spell, beseech or skill and most do not have the light thrown skill to make tossing naphtha at enemy undead likely. Perhaps we could have fire arrows making ability, in much the same sense that the dragon priest sentinels seem to be able to do this please? With the magic changes using a rune or scroll of another guild is highly unlikely for most to be effective or healthy.

Also with scouting could we please be given a warning when someone is unable to follow due to engagement? I have had a follower die due to this issue, I scouted the trail, proceeded to go and they were engaged. I got the message they were unable to follow but no warning or pause to help them at all. Could we change this please?

Also once on a trail if we take the wrong one by mistake as they are often quite long could we either have a trail abort journey which would return us to the start point within a roisen or two? Cutting down the travel time on some of the longer trails based on scouting skill would be extremely desirable in general please.

With regard to first aid, it is extremely annoying to have it become a situation where because my right arm is broken I am suddenly unable to tend anything. Having enough skill should enable us to tend a wound with our other arm and or hand, or even our feet legs and or mouth potentially.

Any word on an update/rewrite to plague of scavangers versus corporeal undead any time soon or sprout undergrowth or enrage undergrowth please?

Celitha
Re: fire arrows , scouting issues, spells and first aid 04/18/2009 05:26 PM CDT
>Since we completely lack any fire based spell, beseech or skill and most do not have the light thrown skill to make tossing naphtha at enemy undead likely. Perhaps we could have fire arrows making ability, in much the same sense that the dragon priest sentinels seem to be able to do this please? With the magic changes using a rune or scroll of another guild is highly unlikely for most to be effective or healthy.

This would be AWESOME:

>COMBINE NAPTHA AND STRIKER
You attach the striker to the vial of naptha so it will be ignited on impact.
[Roundtime: 10 seconds]

>GLANCE
In your right hand you see a naptha trigger.

>GLUE NAPTHA TO ARROW
You carefully apply the flight glue to the naptha trigger, attaching it near the head of the arrow.
[Roundtime: 20 seconds]

>GLANCE
In your right hand you see a naptha-trigger arrow.

>LOAD ARROW
You carefully load your naptha-trigger arrow to avoid setting off the striker.
[Roundtime: 6 seconds]

Optionally be able to make a "naptha-head" arrow with no striker to just soak the target in naptha, causing more damage when they are set alight.

Has a higher difficulty for bow and mechlore to create.

-pete
Re: fire arrows , scouting issues, spells and first aid 04/18/2009 07:16 PM CDT
pleeeeeease? Z is there any chance of getting something even remotely in the area of firing arrows? heck give us naptha head arrows and make us use flint tipped arrows to light the target... and make it a 1 in ten chance of igniting?

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your counrty, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: fire arrows , scouting issues, spells and first aid 04/20/2009 08:26 PM CDT
Alternately,

Forage limbs and build a fire.

>Pour naptha on arrow
You carefully pour a portion of naptha on your broad-barbed arrow.

Success based on mech lore skill, chance of spilling the naptha on your self.

>Touch arrow to fire
You plunge your naptha-soaked arrow into the fire, setting it ablaze.

>Aim rak
You begin to target a preserved zombified Rakash.

>Fire
You fire a broad-barbed arrow at a preserved zombified Rakash. A preserved zombified Rakash attempts to dodge. The arrow lands a powerful strike that sends black pus gushing from the hip as the left leg breaks free.

The broad-barbed arrow lodges itself deeply into the zombified Rakash!

>Look

You see a preserved zombified Rakash.
The zombified Rakash has a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg.
There is a flaming arrow lodged deeply in its left leg.

Downside, loss of the arrow.

~V~

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: fire arrows , scouting issues, spells and first aid 04/21/2009 07:15 AM CDT
so if the flaming ammo was lodged in a creature, would it pulse every so often until the ammo destroyed the area that it's lodged in and/or destroys itself.

--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Legeres
http://www.myspace.com/ledge_ear_us
http://legeres.deviantart.com