Kickin Dirt 10/30/2008 08:59 PM CDT
>get dirt
You get some dirt from inside your decrepit cloak.
>throw dirt at wolf

>Sweeping your hand in a wide arc, you fling a cloud of dirt straight at the blood wolf's face!
The blood wolf seems taken by surprise by the cloud of expanding dust!
Swirling brown dust envelops the blood wolf's face. As it dissipates, it seems disoriented.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

So we all know bout throwin dirt? Im assuming...
Im thinkin why cant we kick dirt into a critters/NPC/PC's face? Pole ranged at that, becuz obviously it would be hard to kick dirt into sumthans face melee...
It would be a great defensive ability while using ranged weapons for a quick hide/poach and or snipe.
I cant elaborate what this skill would be based on, I dont know what throwin the dirt works off of. But I came up wit sum samples of what the ability would look like.

example 1.
kick dirt at wolf

Putting all of your weight on your front foot for balance you kick some dirt at a blood wolf, your foot blasts a cloud of dirt straight at the blood wolf's face!
The blood wolf seems taken by surprise by the cloud of expanding dust!
Swirling brown dust envelops the blood wolf's face. As it dissipates, it seems disoriented.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

I have talked with other folks mostly rangers and they will be sending me examples of there own which I will post later on.

Jeincains Rakash Ranger

~What can ya say to a Ranger that has 100+ all blades/blunts/bows/thrown~
Re: Kickin Dirt 10/31/2008 02:08 PM CDT
>example 1.
>kick dirt at wolf

>Putting all of your weight on your front foot for >balance you kick some dirt at a blood wolf, your foot >blasts a cloud of dirt straight at the blood wolf's >face!
>The blood wolf seems taken by surprise by the cloud of >expanding dust!
>Swirling brown dust envelops the blood wolf's face. As >it dissipates, it seems disoriented.
>Roundtime: 2 sec.

>I have talked with other folks mostly rangers and they >will be sending me examples of there own which I will >post later on.

BTW Im a lamer, just found out that you CAN in fact throw dirt at pole range. However I still think kicken dirt would OWN.
Sum stuff folks said bout the idea!
[12:31] Algieon: laugh the dirt kicking idea is great!
[12:31] Algieon: i thought it was live and and was like...right on! lol

[15:01] Jalika: oh yea
[15:01] Jalika: Swarm also hinders the stealth and perception abilities of those afflicted to some extent. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Spider Climb.
[15:01] Jalika: just found that on elanthipedia
[15:01] Jeincains: nice
[15:01] Jalika: Primary function is to hinder stealth/perception of affected targets.
[15:02] Jalika: Secondary function is to give a small penalty every so often to balance or add round time to the affected target.
[15:02] Jalika: but yea, kicking dirt would be cool

Jeincains Rakash Ranger

~Dont do that!~
Re: Kickin Dirt 10/31/2008 03:02 PM CDT
>[15:01] Jalika: Swarm also hinders the stealth and perception abilities of those afflicted to some extent. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Spider Climb.

not tryin to hijack the thread, but.....too bad the debuff on swarm is terrible and basically non existant every time ive tried to use it.

~Artilius
Re: Kickin Dirt 10/31/2008 03:43 PM CDT
>not tryin to hijack the thread, but.....too bad the >debuff on swarm is terrible and basically non existant >every time ive tried to use it.

Honostly, I never knew it did that... But I rarely cast swarm except when I need to kill mass at a seconds notice.

Jeincains Rakash Ranger

~Dont do that~
Re: Kickin Dirt 10/31/2008 04:38 PM CDT
I was (sometimes) able to notice the perception debuff when I was hunting celpz, b/c I was using the unbalance effect of swarm to hit the damn things with bow. Noticed I could more often snipe successfully (not get seen) at melee with swarm going than without.

At least I kept thinking I was seeing a slight difference.
Re: Kickin Dirt 10/31/2008 11:47 PM CDT
regarding swarm:

i'm ashamed to admit this, but often, during the day in geni, they spot me sniping from pole. if i cast swarm, i can not only snipe at pole, but sometimes at melee during the day. so swarm DOES help a bunch if you cast with enough mana. i usually do a min + 10.

you might not be using enough power for the spell and the messaging is very hard to figure out unless you look closely, and really, who has time for that?

-Ace
Re: Kickin Dirt 11/01/2008 01:32 AM CDT
Heh.

I was casting at 30-45 when hunting celpz.
Re: Kickin Dirt 11/01/2008 03:15 PM CDT
>I was casting at 30-45 when hunting celpz.

...therefore proving my point not at all.

=D

-Ace