Dual Load 02/11/2005 09:13 PM CST
wondering how one loads two arrows

Mvorn
Re: Dual Load 02/11/2005 10:41 PM CST
when you have 200+ ranks in your bow skill, cast Hands of Lirisa and then LOAD ARROWS (I believe that's the syntax)

Larzul
Re: Dual Load 02/12/2005 11:02 AM CST
201 ranks and HoL. Yup.

~Dulcinia

Your mind hears Kiy thinking, "bends you over but positions mirrors so you can watch"
Your mind hears Kiy thinking, "okay that was Moonmage training..nothing to see here"
Re: Dual Load 02/22/2005 05:39 PM CST
Expert Lessons plus one rank. Wasn't aware you needed HoL on, but hey.

The syntax is Load my (hele, Els, Basilisk, broad-barbed) arrows.

Now, here's MY dual-load question, cuz I've heard different answers here.

When dual loading, some folks believe both shots are fired at the same time, therefore based on the same balance, roll etc. However, some folks claim that the second arrow is treated as a snapshot.

So which is the case?

You tap a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone." that you are wearing.
Re: Dual Load 02/22/2005 06:20 PM CST
<<When dual loading, some folks believe both shots are fired at the same time, therefore based on the same balance, roll etc. However, some folks claim that the second arrow is treated as a snapshot.>>

Both I think. They are fired at the same time, the first arrow benefits from aim but the second arrow is considered a snapshot. Both arrows take balance, position ... into account. I think there is a separate roll for each.

- Tarmerdes
Re: Dual Load 02/22/2005 09:52 PM CST
Yes. Both are calculated at the same time. That's why if you land a stun (or even a killing blow) on the 'first' shot, the 'second' may very well still miss.

-Spirit
Dual Load 10/24/2008 11:18 PM CDT
Um...

201 in shortbow + HOL = Dual load...

How? Do you have to learn it? is the syntax something strange? Plesae help.
Re: Dual Load 10/24/2008 11:35 PM CDT
It's been a long time so I hope I'm remembering correctly. Try LOAD ARROWS.

DW
Re: Dual Load 10/25/2008 09:31 PM CDT
Yup cast HOL and then LOAD ARROWS. Don't be too upset if the second arrow fails to hit your target or does far less than the first arrow. What we are doing is aiming the 1st arrow and the 2nd is just a freebee.

I mention this cuz I was going crazy thinking I was doing something wrong that my second arrows didn't hit. Just FYI.

Zinaca
Re: Dual Load 10/27/2008 02:35 PM CDT
Close, the requirements are actually 201 longbow, Hands of Lirisa, and 30 reflex and agility. I didn't think the stats factored into it for the longest time, but just recently a ranger got to 202 longbow and still couldn't do it untill they brought their agi/ref from 29/29 to 30/30. Many thanks to said ranger (you know who you are) for helping confirm that, and pass it along to those aspiring!

Darkhellegur
Re: Dual Load 10/27/2008 05:19 PM CDT
Thanks all!

I had the reqs, but the syntax was what I was missing. I don't know if that is an IG secret (but since it was posted I guess not). Don't know who is in charge of wikipedia, but maybe posting the syntax on the DUAL LOAD section would be helpful.

Thanks again.

The Ranger That Shoots Two Arrows (hitting is all together a different story).
Re: Dual Load 10/28/2008 08:55 AM CDT
> Don't know who is in charge of wikipedia

We all are. It's easy to get an account and help out.

>but maybe posting the syntax on the DUAL LOAD section would be helpful.

Good idea, and done. I added Dark's data also.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
49/14/2 - 26 days