This made my day 12/18/2008 11:42 PM CST
I'd never taken the time to climb the tree in geni. This is what I found.

[Old Oak Tree, The Treetop]
Balancing precariously on two gnarled branches that sway underfoot allows for a spectacular view of the surrounding wilderness from the thick crown leaves. Carved into the rough, black bark of the swiftly aging oak are a series of carefully chiseled letters. You also see a thick, twisted limb and a heavy bough.
Obvious paths: none.
> look letters

No Ranger Stands Alone

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.thedragonsegg.net

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan"

"Why don't you roleplay a character who is NOT retarded? ~Maje
Re: This made my day 12/19/2008 12:47 AM CST
That is, by far, one of the cooler things I've seen. I wonder how long it's been there?
Re: This made my day 12/19/2008 05:36 PM CST
>>I wonder how long it's been there?

Perhaps as long as a similarly-styled rock column found on the streets of 1st tier Ratha (though that's obviously not very rangerish).

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: This made my day 12/19/2008 10:08 PM CST
Loved that the first time I saw it to. Little things like that are great.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: This made my day 12/21/2008 01:39 AM CST
similiraly {sp?} when i went on one of our beseech quests to mriss, into a cave. there was a spot to climb up to with some papers in the room. and reading the papers told a nice lil story about an event that happened in the area. i love lil stuff like that. really adds to the depth of the game.
Re: This made my day 12/22/2008 02:10 AM CST
Yeah and I love the little campsite in la'tamis down at the bottom of the cliff. Once while I was there resting, as I thought it was a safe spot, I suddenly learned it wasn't when a la'tami paid a campsite visit. But I love the site and the eirie? feel to it.

Zinaca