Could someone please tell me... 07/04/2005 08:09 PM CDT
Could someone please tell, or at least give some hints as to where the ranger stashes are on the islands and in Ilithi?
Re: Could someone please tell me... 07/04/2005 10:52 PM CDT
Next time you're in Ilithi, Raxon, look for me and I'll do better, I'll take you right there.

Storrmm

You say, "It means, Hi."
You say, "Shadowling."
You nod.
You shrug.
Re: Could someone please tell me... 08/04/2005 02:32 PM CDT
What's this about ranger stashes?? Are those real? They happened? Someone fill me in? Thanks

Dex
Re: Could someone please tell me... 08/04/2005 03:12 PM CDT
<<>>What's this about ranger stashes?? Are those real? They happened? Someone fill me in? Thanks

There are several trailmarkers that may be scouted to rooms where Rangers can leave items. Any ranger with sufficient scouting to run the trails (probably not much is needed) can get to those rooms and take whatever items are left there.

It's sort of like the ranger donation rack in the Crossing Guild, but you have to scout to get there, and the trailmarkers are in specific rooms. The only one I've ever bothered to find is the one in Langenfirth. However, I understand there is one in Crossing and one in Aesry. I assume there are others in other provinces, but I've never bothered to find out.

_______
Llyldoryn
Re: Could someone please tell me... 08/04/2005 03:29 PM CDT
There is one in Ilithi, as well. Usually they are like the Ranger shelf (which is to say they're full of garbage) but sometimes you'll find someone's tossed a few convenient tanning/fletching supplies in there.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Could someone please tell me... 10/15/2005 07:31 AM CDT
The one in Ilithi is the only one I know about...but if you're familiar with blackthorn canyon, you'll find the stony talus. Not only is the talus a WONDERFUL Place to teach climbing to about 130 (pre-undergondola levels) but as you climb it, it'll take you to a little town called Shadow's Reach. Instead of taking the ramp to shadow's reach, another pace east will take you to a dead end...with a trailmarker.

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: Could someone please tell me... 10/15/2005 09:21 AM CDT
Actually, the Stony Talus will teach over 130. But you might need to climb it more than once. Granted, as a cleric I am not survival prime. But that only means that you guys can learn survivals faster than I do. What I do is climb up it, maybe juggle a time or two at the top, then climb down and cast a couple of spells (using cambrinth) then rinse and repeat.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Could someone please tell me... 07/08/2008 11:04 AM CDT
Sorry I am chiming in late...

But Aesry? Where is the cache? Can I atleast get a little clue, I thought I had scouted in every room with close to 200 in scouting and over that in perception.

Player of Diggan
Re: Could someone please tell me... 07/08/2008 12:34 PM CDT
>But Aesry? Where is the cache? Can I atleast get a little clue, I thought I had scouted in every room with close to 200 in scouting and over that in perception.

could be wrong, but i dont think aesry has a cache. just the trail through gobs, and the trail near the docks to the housing area.

~Artilius
Re: Could someone please tell me... 01/02/2011 10:00 PM CST
The stash down past Shard, I was killed by a steed, trying to get to it. Only because of lag, I think or it could of been because im way to young to go there. Can I say
Ilithi - near the Shadow's Reach village. In the room one east of the steps you climb to reach the village at the top of the talus trail.
or is this a game secret. I mean if its a game secret, then how do i KNOW. Unless i make friends with a realy high level char. Which is allright with me. Just takes more time. Besides, I realy am betting that there is nothing in these ..CACHES any way. Im going to attempt to go to the one in the knife guild, next.

chuckwiz
Re: Could someone please tell me... 01/05/2011 10:38 PM CST
You find these just like ranger trails. the caches are kinda just like donation shelves and places some rangers sit at to not be bothered for a bit. Normally you find herbs, fl;etching materials and random carving knifes etc. things people dont feel like carrying around so leave there for all.
Re: Could someone please tell me... 01/06/2011 11:35 AM CST
I think GM Sithix is planning on expanding on caches when he revamps the trail system. I think the idea is that every place there is a guild, there is also a place to cache things in the wild.

Zinaca and her raccoon, Shadow