I was wandering around and guess what! 12/12/2004 03:04 PM CST
I was wondering just what you'd need to fight...say a scaly seordmaor? I know it's more than what I got cause I didn't even get to blink fer I was dead. It was quick and I guess painless=) Oh, well I'll have to try out something different.

Calissa

I'm not lost; I'm exploring!
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 12/13/2004 02:36 PM CST
To hunt seords, you need to be a Barb or a War Mage, or to stay hidden.

They wrecked my seords!

Welcome back.

~Dulcinia

Rybran says, "have to admit, takes a big man to ask for a divorce cleric and a date in almost the same breath"
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 12/14/2004 01:45 AM CST
One can't dodge the lightning bolts? Or is there something worse?

Not so much a tagline as a cry for help.
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 12/14/2004 06:18 AM CST
Until the promised changes to spells like LB and how our magic resistance affects them, critters like seordmaors are just insanely sick in offensive power and not worth the trouble to hunt, by the time you have enough skill/MR to have even a nominal chance of survival they won't teach worth a darn.

Unless you're a Barbarian (BMR) or have insane amounts of TM (like a WM) for the current resistance formula, as was mentioned.

Even if they just changed the mechanics so special attacks like the seord's LB were changed to actually teach in accordance to their difficulty (which is also needed), it wouldn't help much because by the time even a Ranger had enough evasion to survive that attack they likely would be far past the point they would learn anything else (weapons, defenses) unless they were backtraining their 7th or 8th weapon and old armor they haven't used in years.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 12/19/2004 03:43 PM CST
> TM (like a WM) for the current resistance formula, as was mentioned.

TM lets me resist stuff? Do you have a reference to the post?

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 12/30/2004 02:49 PM CST
<Even if they just changed the mechanics so special attacks like the seord's LB were changed to actually teach in accordance to their difficulty (which is also needed), it wouldn't help much because by the time even a Ranger had enough evasion to survive that attack they likely would be far past the point they would learn anything else (weapons, defenses) unless they were backtraining their 7th or 8th weapon and old armor they haven't used in years.>

I have to disagree with that. While I wish they would tone down that LB some I still find them worth the effort for a few things. I admit I mostly ambush them as they are perfect for my hiding and stalking ranks but I usually evade the LB. Hurts alot when I don't. They teach well into the 400s and I wouldn't consider backtraining anything on them.
Re: I was wandering around and guess what! 01/04/2005 10:12 AM CST
Well, that's you, then.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."