Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/08/2004 09:16 PM CST
So much has changed! I figured out I didn't know how to fight anymore and that when half a dozen critters start swinging, one's bound to hit you. I gotta figure out the balance thing. It's coming along though. Tanning's out there! So are boats and such although I never was one fer boats. I heard about some new places I'm just going to have to try out. I think I last was around when the first batch of islands opend up and you had to wait 3 hours if yer on the boat to get there. Trails are around too. I haven't figured out where all they go but I'm working on it. Remember I'm not lost; I'm exploring! Unlike the time when several of us got trapped in the fallow fields cause there was no way out at the time then forging broke. It was a funny day. It's been fun the last couple of days. Too bad most of the folks I knew are gone er on the islands fighting things that'd squish me flat and bring me back to repeat the smack down.

Calissa=)
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/09/2004 08:06 PM CST
Glad you're getting the hang of all the changes! They can be fun, I swear.

Jalika

You hear a female voice whisper, "Easily used when offered, probably is like other men. Always speaking with their muscles, and not the one that rests between their ears."
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/10/2004 08:26 AM CST
I think the quickest way to get to Aesry from the mainland, is from the Haven docks, not the crossings...be wary of pirate ships though. I think the crossing ship stops at Ratha first. But, since you seem to want to explore...

Pirate ships attack the Haven ships though (I don't think they do with the crossing ships but can't remember). You can fire on the pirate ship with the mangonels (if they're loaded) to try to sink it before it gets to you but if the pirates come aboard, you can stay by the captain and be safe. The pirates now a days are tougher than the ones that blew up the bridge in Crossing a long time ago...they adjust to be tougher than the toughest person on your ship from what I can recall...or something like that.

Of course, if you know someone who owns a ship, that could be the fastest way.

sylviir

Kunstrukshun
Cignichur
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/10/2004 08:32 AM CST
Aren't the pirates still genning on ships without schooners having to make an appearance?

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/10/2004 09:38 AM CST
Yeah the haven ships currently are more like hunting grounds. Pirates gen just from people being on the ship. Think the captains rooms are safe though, so you don't have to fight them to make the trip. Haven't taken one of them in awhile but believe this is correct.

Rej
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/10/2004 10:54 AM CST
So is that high on the list to be fixed or just something they've decided to keep?

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/10/2004 02:11 PM CST
That is at least true for the Kree'la (boat between xing and ratha). Pirates were genning faster than me and another could keep up. Lots of loot and boxes, and longbow was locked the whole way home. And the captains room was safe. No sign of a schooner.

Jalika

You hear a female voice whisper, "Easily used when offered, probably is like other men. Always speaking with their muscles, and not the one that rests between their ears."
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/11/2004 10:03 PM CST
Lybadel is like that too. Actually, when it stops on Aesry, I step on to hunt pirates for about 25 minutes and then jump back off. Seems like both ships have pirate generators on board now and have no more schooner encounters. The Lybadel is never late anymore, and in actuality, it is like clockwork always 20 minutes ahead of schedule when arriving on Aesry.

-Spirit
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/12/2004 12:35 AM CST
If anything has changed drastically for people like me and you coming back after 3-4 years break, I think its that one can make a strong argument that Charisma is the most important stat, especially if you PvP or tourney much (whereas before it was without a doubt the most useless stat)

Soog
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/12/2004 10:41 AM CST
<<<If anything has changed drastically for people like me and you coming back after 3-4 years break, I think its that one can make a strong argument that Charisma is the most important stat,>>>

I think the most drastic change after coming back from 4 years away, is the hack job, I mean adjustment, that was done to the survival reqs. They took stealing away, lockpicking, and replaced it with a skill you can only pretty much learn in one place, because all the newbie decided stealing and lockpicking wasnt rangerly.

Asterid
Re: Calissa's Mindless Ramblings 12/12/2004 10:53 AM CST
>>whereas before it was without a doubt the most useless stat<<

Charisma was never a useles stat. Just most people didn't know what it was for (and many still don't).

Not so much a tagline as a cry for help.