Kudos! 04/15/2002 11:36 AM CDT
Kudos to Sylviir and Pathyn this morning.

This what rangering all about. Sylviir for his great explorations of the Malacha area and Pathyn for his testing of PLS on those same Malacha's.

Sure... they died for it... but heh... its too damn fun.

Tusca
Re: Kudos! 04/15/2002 03:01 PM CDT
Heh...thanks Tusca. Though I wouldn't advise anyone going in Malchata's. However if you just have to explore there; the paths in there shift and even if you do go down a path and it doesn't shift, the direction you go isn't the reverse direction you come back...usually. They froze me in my tracks for a 6 sec rt, they use fireball, they can unbalance you and balance themselves all in one spell. I don't know what else they can do as I died soon after. ::grins::.

Does get the adrenalin pumping though. Oh, btw, the fishing at the spring before you get to Malchatas isn't that great but I'm still tryin'.

Sylviir...thanks again Pathyn, Picay, and N
Re: Kudos! 04/15/2002 03:12 PM CDT
Sad part is I wouldn't have died if I hadn't tried to hide before casting the spell. Got nice 10 seconds of RT and within those 10 I was dead. But it was all good.=)

Pathyn
Re: Kudos! 04/19/2002 11:09 PM CDT
I have the worst luck in DR. I was gone for 6 months from the game and took my 38 circle ranger exploring. And within one half hour of exploring, I found those lovely S'sugi Malchatas! Odd thing though, when it threw the sand at me, I got something like "Your Swirling Wiinds help lessen the effect." What is this Swirling Winds and how did I get it? Of course then the thing ate my midsection. Um and NOW I find out they are the baddest critters in the realms (non-invasion critter wise).

Um so I do really appreciate the sacrifice Pathyn et al. did.

P.S. Took nearly 2 1/2 hours real time to rescured. Thanks Forgenash!
Re: Kudos! 04/19/2002 11:44 PM CDT
Swirling winds is a warrior mage spell and someone might have cast it on you and you never noticed.

Pathyn
Re: Kudos! 04/20/2002 01:20 PM CDT
ooo thanks Pathyn....it WAS kinda sandy in there : )

:: hurries back to her book of maps and critters...determined not to do such a stupid thing again! Not to mention it scared the daylights outta Wof::
Re: Kudos! 05/05/2002 01:19 AM CDT
I remember that I got that same messaging about my swirling winds...blah, blah, blah. I don't remember anyone casting that spell on me before I went in there so I don't think it was from a mage...check your log Pathyn and see if the same happened to you?

Sylviir