Prev_page Previous 1 3
FALKER 08/16/2010 06:02 PM CDT
>>Kalika really should consult with me, before letting every Tom, Dick, and Nancy join the guild.

Im gonna usually just keep my mouth shut these days but every once in a while somebody says something that gets me all twisted up - are you seriously this high on yourself or did I miss something...?

Greatness isn't expressed, its demonstrated.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 06:53 PM CDT
AH so you're making an ass of yourself and the guild in the name of 'RP' - some of us remember when YOU were a snot-nosed newbling parked in the guild foraging red & blue flowers all day.

They didn't soften up the guild - the softened up the GAME. Just because people didn't endure the ridiculous hardship that we did doesn't make them 'unworthy' to the guild - just to you.

Speak for yourself if you want to ostracize people for being softies -

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 07:16 PM CDT
>They didn't soften up the guild - the softened up the GAME. Just because people didn't endure the ridiculous hardship that we did doesn't make them 'unworthy' to the guild - just to you.

Even more so it was a reflection of the reality that ranger abilities would never be allowed to be OP enough to warrant the completely unwarranted difficulty of the requirements.

Ranger requirements are now on par with other guilds and individual rangers can be as hardcore as they want.

-pete
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 07:26 PM CDT
>Ranger requirements are now on par with other guilds and individual rangers can be as hardcore as they want.

Eh, Ranger requirements are pretty easy - at least thus far. Maybe it gets tougher later on; I don't know.

Having played a Barbarian for a long time, the Ranger requirements kind of feel like cheating.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 07:32 PM CDT
I used to play on the AOL client, your fancy macros make you weak. Carpal what? Back then we afk'd with windows recorder. Real gangsters, stormfront, etc.

Also, I think you're ridiculous. Nothing is hard, this is a game. Things are more or less tedious.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 07:37 PM CDT
>Real gangsters, stormfront

You're learning.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 09:26 PM CDT
The funny thing is that what Falker got his panties in a wad over was the fact that I used a CJ that another ranger gave me to help complete the Beseech the Wind to Preserve quest because I was lacking.... MECHANICAL LORE!!! oh the shame! How will I ever be a good ranger without Mechanical Lore that rivals my Skinning?

Anyway, his high and mightyness is lost on me. My current Ranger was started back on AOL on a 14.4 kbps modem within 6 months of the game releasing from beta. I know hard-mode. I played before DIR and a bunch of things were added to make the game "easy-mode". My original guide was Wilderness Ways, and I still have a copy of Wilderness Ways II. I was playing when companions and fletching were released. So, really, I'm not interested in his BS anyway.

In all actuality, I was probably a Ranger before him, so, if anything, Kalika should have asked ME if she should let some jerk into the guild. However, I'd probably gone off to college and quit playing for a few years by then.

All I'm trying to do at this point is to catch up some after not playing more than a month here and there in the last 13 years. Just doing what I can to actually see the sights and experience more of what DR has to offer this time around.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:11 PM CDT
<<The funny thing is that what Falker got his panties in a wad over was the fact that I used a CJ that another ranger gave me to help complete the Beseech the Wind to Preserve quest because I was lacking.... MECHANICAL LORE!!! oh the shame! How will I ever be a good ranger without Mechanical Lore that rivals my Skinning?

You dont get it. And probably will never get it. You had to cheat to do the quest. Good job. I didnt really care that you cheated, but I did say it should probably be fixed. You were butt hurt that I felt that way. You wanted to be patted on the back, and give us this long story about how much you suck, and how lucky you are that there were nice rangers to help you out. Again, CONGRATS. You want to use CJs to bypass the rank req for a low level quest, more power to you. Just dont come bragging about it.

<<Anyway, his high and mightyness is lost on me. My current Ranger was started back on AOL on a 14.4 kbps modem within 6 months of the game releasing from beta. I know hard-mode. I played before DIR and a bunch of things were added to make the game "easy-mode". My original guide was Wilderness Ways, and I still have a copy of Wilderness Ways II. I was playing when companions and fletching were released. So, really, I'm not interested in his BS anyway.

Great, you started playing a long time ago. I've played for more amount of time by far. That was a long paragraph of trying to validate yourself and failing. Wanna compare shoe size next?

<<In all actuality, I was probably a Ranger before him, so, if anything, Kalika should have asked ME if she should let some jerk into the guild. However, I'd probably gone off to college and quit playing for a few years by then.

First doesnt make you best, better, or even average. All the morons that like posting "First" in a response to a news article proves that. Trying to once again validate yourself by saying you went to college. Guess what, I played DR AND went to college (my shoes are getting bigger). I win again. If you want to try to compare something, start with time and effort into the game and guild. I got you beat by leaps and bounds. You seem to have some complex to want to prove yourself. Let me help you: You are a noname, nobody, who apparently doesnt care what anyone things, but still feel the need to give us this long story about being a crappy ranger, and enlightening us on 'ranger philosophy'. Did I miss anything? Ohh, ya, you've played the game for a total of a few months over the course of 13 years, so that must mean you are an expert on all things ranger, in DR, AND apparently you learned nothing through your discourse in college, acknowledging the fact that you should have just spent the time you wasted in college playing DR instead. That way you might not look like such a moron and you could actually 'win' this validation you so eagerly seek, of which really doesnt matter to begin with... So again, wanna compare shoe size next?

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:19 PM CDT
Lol, he "cheated" on the quest that gives you the ability to extend the shelf life of meat. Why are we even talking about this.

>describe boar
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:28 PM CDT
So far what I got from all that is how proud you are of how much time you've spent playing DR - and that somehow that makes you better than others.

LOL

haha, thanks for making my day.

Again, I don't really care.

If you want to compare "shoe sizes" or greatness in a game, or whatever, do it with someone else. DR is just one game I've played and (besides some frustrations) enjoy. I don't base my life on it. You apparently do.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:47 PM CDT
<<he "cheated" on the quest that gives you the ability to extend the shelf life of meat.

That was really the smallest point of the whole thing. I said it should be fixed because it was not what was intended. Him 'cheating' on the quest is about as important as someone using the 30 lives UUDDLRLR code on Contra. (Its not) However, one is intended while the other is not. And I will always ridicule anyone that wants to brag or make a big deal about accomplishing something when they didnt really earn it, no matter how silly/dumb the prize is.

<<So far what I got from all that is how proud you are of how much time you've spent playing DR - and that somehow that makes you better than others.

Missed the point entirely. Did you not finish college? I thought reading comprehension was a required skill in English classes. Or did you have someone else take the classes for you? RL CJs FTW, lol.

<<Again, I don't really care.

And yet, you cared enough to make so many posts on the topic.

<<If you want to compare "shoe sizes" or greatness in a game, or whatever, do it with someone else.

You were the one putting yourself out there buddy. I just stepped on you, is all. The dominate animal does that when smaller weaker animals are in his territory.

<<DR is just one game I've played and (besides some frustrations) enjoy.

See, still trying to assert yourself. Subtle, granted, but no one cares how many games you've played.

<< I don't base my life on it. You apparently do.

Lol. Yes, I obviously base my life around DR. You sure have me pegged. I bet you know where I live too.

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:52 PM CDT
I post because you're fun to poke.

<<no one cares how many games you've played.

Just like I don't care how much time you've spent in DR.

Keep it coming! /popcorn
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 10:56 PM CDT
<<I post because you're fun to poke.

Lol. You act like you knew me well enough when you started posting, that I'd respond. Nice back peddle. You are basically showing the first signs of intelligence, learning when to shut up, as to avoid putting your foot in your mouth. Good job.

<<Keep it coming! / popcorn

WTTI

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 11:00 PM CDT
I had you figured out by your first post to me.

Cranky people aren't uncommon on the internet. You're hardly unique.

You obviously haven't learned anything yet.
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 11:05 PM CDT
>>Lol, he "cheated" on the quest that gives you the ability to extend the shelf life of meat. Why are we even talking about this.

This is more posts in a row than this folder has seen in years - kudos for kicking it up if nothing else.

CJ's aren't cheating - theyre PART OF THE GAME. The dude was smart enough to complete a quest with LESS THAN THE RANK REQUIREMENTS - that's ingenuity and dash and hats off for being SMART enough to pull it off.

>>I've always been an ass. This is nothing new. You are making an ass out of yourself by forgetting that.

Touche.

Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 11:11 PM CDT
>>You were the one putting yourself out there buddy. I just stepped on you, is all. The dominate animal does that when smaller weaker animals are in his territory.

Seriously? ... I mean at least the CONVICTION is admirable - do you wear a leisure suite and C.H.I.P.S sunglasses while you play?

Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 11:17 PM CDT
<<CJ's aren't cheating - theyre PART OF THE GAME.

No kidding. They should totally be used for circling too. You are missing the point.

<<The dude was smart enough to complete a quest with LESS THAN THE RANK REQUIREMENTS

Smart... Lol. Like I said SOFT. It's now thought to be better for a ranger to have someone build well traveled road for them, rather than blazing a trail themself. Why even have rank requirements at all?

<<that's ingenuity and dash and hats off for being SMART enough to pull it off.

You arent being serious, are you? Someone else gets him the CJs, tells him to use them, and he is smart and ingenuous? PLEASE, lets just call an apple an apple. This is on par with giving someone props for finding the thief guild, when someone else told them how to do it.

Hey I completed all the starcraft 2 challenges, but I used online guides to figure them out. Can you tell me how smart and ingenuous I am? I need the ego boost.

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/16/2010 11:29 PM CDT
>>I need the ego boost.

You need the ego boost like China needs more people dude.

My purpose is not to defend the legitimacy of the newbies plight for meat preservation or boasting thereof - my original purpose was to point out that you are an egomaniacal (-ADJ: psychologically abnormal egotism.) toolbox who thinks that because his script is bigger than mine that somehow he chats casually with guildleaders and the like while rightfully and appropriately putting newbling softie treehuggers in their place with his awesomeness. You have conceded the point ("...I've always been an ass. This is nothing new....") so our business is done.

PS - I won't always be around to point out your shortcomings, so try to remember you have them, for me.

Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 12:06 AM CDT
You have to be ego-maniacal to chat causally with guildleaders? And I do put softies in their place with my awesomeness. I've been doing that since before I was a 'big' ranger. Not to take away from the ego-maniacal-ness of myself. I've always liked that word. It was normally always associated with evil geniuses, much like myself. That and the fact that it is fun to say. Btw, I dont have any shortcomings, except for my inability to beat around the bush. You should probably work on knowing when someone is serious. Being that Kalika is an NPC, (-ACRONYM: non-played-character) I was hardly serious about her consulting me about every moron that knows how to type join twice.

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 12:42 AM CDT
You're funny - you remind me of White Goodman.

Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 01:00 AM CDT
>>Being that Kalika is an NPC, (-ACRONYM: non-played-character)

That's not true, she and I had a nice chat last year. Sure it's been a year, but hey she was played then. More recently than most NPCs.

In response to the actual topic, I agree Rangers are soft and most are useless. I still say our reqs need to be bumped up and I don't mean on the non-combat side.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 02:45 AM CDT
>>>>Being that Kalika is an NPC, (-ACRONYM: non-played-character)

>>That's not true, she and I had a nice chat last year. Sure it's been a year, but hey she was played then. More recently than most NPCs.

Actually don't listen to him. The chipmunk talks more than kalika does.

Ranger Pfanston and his SOggy Doggy
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 03:20 AM CDT
Oh, good grief Falker. Let it be. I ran into this younger ranger having trouble when I knew the ranger bonus had screwed up a whole lot of things. Finding hidden things in towns specifically, and a big chunk of our beseeches. So I waited around with him to find out what was happening and what he was seeing.

Even after seeing what was happening to him I was still convinced it was his ranger bonus, despite the fact GM's were saying the bonus problem in the beseeches were fixed, but wanted to confirm it. So I thought the best way was to have him work his mech lore more, and his arcana skill more, so he could use a CJ and then use the mech lore CJ to confirm whether or not it was still a bonus problem or there was a Mech lore requirement, which by the way no one seemed to know about. Too my knowledge he is the first ranger to run into it, though others might have but never posted here on the boards to let folks know. I figured he would work that mech lore up and in fact when he was in there with me he only had 60 ranks in it. By the time he tried again he had 70, a day later. Seems to me he worked it pretty good. Wish I could get 10 ranks in Mech lore in a day but alas my mech lore is too high for that kind of gain anymore.

Bottom line he proved it was a mech lore requirement and the bonus was not still messed up as I suspected for that beseech. So for one, I'm very happy you can use a CJ to do these quests. It provides an option to see what is going on when you run into things like happened due to the bonus change. That is also something that will come up when a person tries to catch their first horse. Only in that case it will be a stat problem cuz they will end up tangling themselves up in their own rope on every throw of the rope. When that happens remember its a stat problem not a skill problem.

Which also reminds me. All of you who have all the beseeches, would you please go check each one of them and make sure they still work for you. I have my doubts all the bonus problems are still fixed and it would be very helpful to have some folks check it out. I'm still seeing some things in two beseeches that I don't remember happening the way they were working previously (course some say none of our beseeches actually work for anything but thats also another story). I dont have all of them myself. Mostly cuz I dont like going to the islands all that much but thats also another story.

Ranger Pfanston and his Soggy Doggy
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 01:05 PM CDT
>>That was really the smallest point of the whole thing. I said it should be fixed because it was not what was intended.

I think you have some crusading to do over on the Cleric boards ASAP. Sources say people have been using CJs to complete their quests for years.
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 02:45 PM CDT
>I think you have some crusading to do over on the Cleric boards ASAP. Sources say people have been using CJs to complete their quests for years.

Yeah, but those aren't Rangers. This guy is a Treveri reject.

>describe boar
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 03:58 PM CDT
>Yeah, but those aren't Rangers. This guy is a Treveri reject.

More likely Jent.
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 05:46 PM CDT
This whole thread reminds me why ranger conflict folders are empty.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: FALKER 08/17/2010 10:16 PM CDT
<<This whole thread reminds me why ranger conflict folders are empty

Rather ironic that a thread in conflict folder reminds you of an empty conflict folder.

I just figured its because I annihilate people properly the first time, that it takes a lot of stupid people breeding to give us a new generation of morons to come back and get slaughtered again.

Falker

PS. For clarification, so there isnt any confusion, I annihilate with my awesomeness, yes.
Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 12:17 AM CDT
~ Here at Globo Gym, WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU! And we know it!~

Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 12:20 AM CDT
>>Yeah, but those aren't Rangers. This guy is a Treveri reject.

>More likely Jent.

Treveri was the guy that was absolutely obsessed with the idea that rangers should have it the hardest. To him, ranger were the marines while other guilds were like the national guard. Or something like that.

>describe boar
Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 03:13 AM CDT
<<Treveri was the guy that was absolutely obsessed with the idea that rangers should have it the hardest. To him, ranger were the marines while other guilds were like the national guard. Or something like that.

Jent really wasnt too much different than that (a mini-Trev, if you would). A huge majority of the stuff Jent got released were ideas that Trev started. I wouldnt be surprised if many of the difficulties that were part of the 'Jent' era were of Trev's philosophy and originally his ideas in part.

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 06:18 AM CDT
I think Jent more actively made the trade-off in trying to get abilities that matched the difficulty. Trev just made it hard and gave us fluff.

-pete
Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 02:29 PM CDT
That's more like it. We can always depend on the Falk to make a conflict out of nothing.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: FALKER 08/18/2010 09:12 PM CDT
<<That's more like it. We can always depend on the Falk to make a conflict out of nothing.

To be fair, I just stated my opinion that CJs shouldnt be allowed for bypassing quest reqs. The quest-er got butt hurt about it and QQ'd about mean ol' Falker. The rest has been aftermath.

Falker
Re: FALKER 08/19/2010 01:55 PM CDT
Actually, I just said that I was glad other rangers are helpful instead of whining about how things aren't what they remember them as. You're the one that got up in arms because you have a fragile egos attached to your in-game "accomplishements".

Someone else called you out for being a tool and that's where this thread came from.
Re: FALKER 08/19/2010 03:22 PM CDT
Falkonis was with Ivyangel so therefore automatically loses all wannabe badass arguments.

woof.

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: FALKER 08/19/2010 04:15 PM CDT
You mean ran some mech lore script for an extra 2-3 days. Such a hard life!

Besides, I'm sure CJ's have always worked in these quests, so it's not like this is some recent change. Just because you weren't smart enough to think of a CJ, that doesn't mean others aren't. I'm just lucky that Pfanston is smarter than you and came up with that suggestion, allowing me to see if Mech Lore was actually the problem before I spent a week training it on a hunch alone.

Face it - you're just old and bitter.
Re: FALKER 08/19/2010 08:27 PM CDT
You should be ashamed Leithlen. Your ability to preserve meat so you can later feed it to your functionally*-*questionable companion really should be nerfed.
Re: FALKER 08/19/2010 11:24 PM CDT
>You should be ashamed Leithlen. Your ability to preserve meat so you can later feed it to your functionally-questionable companion really should be nerfed.

Cheating at RP is bad, mmmkay?

>describe boar
Re: FALKER 08/20/2010 06:16 PM CDT
<<<Your ability to preserve meat so you can later feed it to your functionally-questionable companion really should be nerfed. >>>

Honestly, didnt we learn long ago:

1. This beseech is pretty much useless.

2. When you do get it, it only preserves meat for what, 10 seconds?

3. Does it even have any other uses?

Now, with that said, as someone that has been through all ranger gms that have existed, and all levels of the guild difficulty from AOL days to present, I do feel that CJs should not help with certain things. Allowing you to get a beseech that you would not otherwise be qualified for, should be one. I hope that this does get fixed. Or at least re-thought by gms.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Prev_page Previous 1 3