Rangers 06/23/2010 09:48 PM CDT
I really hate the ranger guild anymore. I think it is unfair that I have worked so hard, and the only way I can change guilds is by re-rolling. I mean when I Joined this guild we were the only ones with anything like tracking/scouting. And now everyone has something like it. Our spells were nerfed. And are not really that much fun anymore. It is bad enough we had no real way of learning Target before the change and now we have to learn it to have attack spells. And still can not cast it well enough to make it worth while. And now we can not even go into town for a few minutes before feeling it. And the only way to get a full bonus for the most part is going hunting and even then you still have to find a full bonus area to get it back as fast as you loss it. And so far I have only found rooms in hunting areas. Which means that you can not socialize anymore. Which is really what made this game fun. So I think someone needs to come up with a way you can change your guild, since this guild is not fun for some of us now. Or make changes to help it be fun again.
Re: Rangers 06/23/2010 10:23 PM CDT
Cool story, bro.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Rangers 06/24/2010 12:17 AM CDT
maybe you should spend less time socializing and crying into your beer and more time finding ways to improve yourself. the only good thing socializing ever did for you was teach you how to gain useless ranks in skills that dont mean anything.

reroll and become a trader.

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: Rangers 06/24/2010 06:26 AM CDT
>I really hate the ranger guild anymore. I think it is unfair that I have worked so hard, and the only way I can change guilds is by re-rolling.

Start a new character and set the ranger aside. Sounds like you need a break.

>I mean when I Joined this guild we were the only ones with anything like tracking/scouting. And now everyone has something like it.

Things change. Rangers are still best at it and have more abilities. While those additional abilities related to scouting could really use some help, this is something that is on the roadmap.

>Our spells were nerfed. And are not really that much fun anymore.

If by not fun anymore, you mean no longer a win button, then you are right. bb and hb are exceptionally useful spells in combat. swarm should get turned into a multi-hit TM like gar zeng.

>It is bad enough we had no real way of learning Target before the change and now we have to learn it to have attack spells. And still can not cast it well enough to make it worth while.

We did this to ourselves. When magic was changed, the rangers whined and complained. Instead of being grandfathered TM and having bb, hb, and swarm turned into TM spells, we got no grandfathering and our attack spells turned into disablers and debuffs.

>And now we can not even go into town for a few minutes before feeling it.

As opposed to before where you went into negative bonus if you stayed in town for more than a few minutes? Where it took four hours to recover your bonus to max?

>And the only way to get a full bonus for the most part is going hunting and even then you still have to find a full bonus area to get it back as fast as you loss it.

There's plenty of areas around with full wilderness flags. You just need to look for them. Additionally, instead of instantly losing your bonus and starting to fall negative like you used to, you now slowly drop bonus levels. Are there some areas that describe as wilderness that are on the low-end of wild? yes. These really need to be looked at. But on the other hand, the way the bonus drifts now has been adjusted and you can easy spend 30 minutes in a less than perfectly wild area and only drop one bonus level.

>And so far I have only found rooms in hunting areas. Which means that you can not socialize anymore. Which is really what made this game fun. So I think someone needs to come up with a way you can change your guild, since this guild is not fun for some of us now. Or make changes to help it be fun again.

If you want to go socialize near the city without penalty then the ranger guild is not for you. Buy some gweths, explore, learn where the wild places are and try getting your text friends to go to where you are.

-pete
Re: Rangers 06/24/2010 11:14 AM CDT
>And now we can not even go into town for a few minutes before feeling it.

That was my favorite sentence in that entire rant. Some people really are completely and totally clueless.
Re: Rangers 06/24/2010 02:43 PM CDT
I'm pretty new to being a Ranger - and I really can't relate to many of the things you've stated in your post. Especially after they just changed the ranger bonus.

-Ranger Rhicter
Re: Rangers 06/24/2010 09:25 PM CDT
Once upon a time Rangers were pretty kick-butt, and had a bit of abilities that were uniquely theres (I still think they have plenty, and have a good guild-identity).
But a bit of those things did go the way of the other guilds, frankly I felt many of the things should have been able to be done by others.

I think it is fine that players sometimes go off on a rant about annoyances they have about the game. Just realize development is slow.

I'd love the critters/pets/creatures to have their re-write, but again this benefit will be seen by all guilds, I am just hoping rangers will have a bit of a unique flair, that KICKS.

And trails somehow being faster then regular script travel would KICK too...

And last and it might be part of Trails, but Scouting. Give it some flair, some cool factor.

Thank you,
Shadow7988

P.S. Please don't do it Soon, but could you work it into that busy schedule GMs, please?