Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 12:50 AM CDT
<<Yeah, i'm just going to go ahead and call BS on most of what you say, and blame it on your bad attitude. Apparently every ranger in the game EXCEPT you had a problem with the old skinning, and had problems learning under the old skinning. Now, while skins may not be worth quite as much, we're all at least learning well. Oh wait, EXCEPT you.

lol. You can call BS all you want. I've always had an attitude, and I've always done more research on things in DR than 99% of the people that play. Dont like it? I could care less.

Since I dont recognized your account name, I can assume you are a bit newer to the boards. At least posting is for you on the ranger boards. So welcome! It is also very clear you havent been reading these boards for very long if you dont think I didnt have a problem with the old skinning. I very much have a problem with the old system. Just because I have a problem with the new system doesnt mean I liked the old system. Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit. Your logic is also horribly flawed.

As for 'data' there are 3 different skinning threads going on. I'm too lazy to post in every thread. Besides, I'm egotistical enough to think my reputation is enough for some people to listen. For the rest, I'm sure they read enough of the boards to have seen my other posts.

You would be smart to put your foot in your mouth and bite down, because I assure you, just because I havent conflicted on these boards in years, its like riding a bike, I havent forgotten how to do it. I'm also more than willing to do it. So if you want to come to the boards with your garbage, expect to get trash dumped on you, moron.

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 12:52 AM CDT
>I've always done more research on things in DR than 99% of the people that play.

Really? Really? Where are these posts?
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 12:59 AM CDT
Ok, quick recap, just to make sure i'm getting everything...

>>I've always had an attitude
>>I very much have a problem
>>I'm lazy
>>I'm egotistical

Yep, just as I figured the first time. Reading comprehension ftw.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 01:03 AM CDT
<<Really? Really? Where are these posts?

lol. I have to post them? I'm one of the knowledge hording people.

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 01:04 AM CDT
Yep. figured you were an idiot. Thanks for confirming.

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 01:10 AM CDT
>lol. I have to post them? I'm one of the knowledge hording people.

As part of the elaborate ploy to keep your data safe, you intentionally post ignorant statements to keep the NSA at bay. I get it. Genius.

I mean, it isn't like I think there's no merit to anything you posted, but context is everything. The vibe I'm getting is "changes suck because my routine is disrupted" and you're trying to sugar coat it with "I'm a scientific ranger".

What disturbs me the most is that 99% of the realms does even less testing that you. That and 87.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I considered changing the title to be a clever snark at your username, but I realized that would quickly get pulled.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 01:24 AM CDT
<<The vibe I'm getting is "changes suck because my routine is disrupted"

Who said my routine was disrupted? I guess it was a little bit to do the testing of the new skinning.

<<and you're trying to sugar coat it with "I'm a scientific ranger".

I also never said I was a scientific ranger. I just do a lot of testing. Lastly, I dont sugar coat anything. I should sue for libel!

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 08:34 AM CDT
>>I also never said I was a scientific ranger. I just do a lot of testing. Lastly, I dont sugar coat anything.

Testing done unscientifically has a value less than 0. IE, the data you gather, is worth less than no testing at all.

>>I should sue for libel!

The strongest defense against libel is that the statements are true. Although I will agree that sugar coat may not have been the most accurate depiction. Perhaps "honey coat your own incessant ramblings and complaining so you don't sound like such a horses backside" would be better.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 02:11 PM CDT
<<Perhaps "honey coat your own incessant ramblings and complaining so you don't sound like such a horses backside" would be better.

Yes its very common for the mindless people to claim that people that dont ass kiss are asses themselves. Although they are so busy kissing ass, that thats all they see and know.

Things dont happen unless you speak up about them. GMs wont know that you are happy or disappointed unless you tell them. They arent mind readers. I've been friends with enough GMs to know that. They are also smart enough to know when people wont be happy with something and that not everyone will be happy no matter what they do.

The thing that players need to realize is that instead of just grabbing your ankles, while still having your lips firmly glued on the butt, you can actually voice your opinion. Things dont always change, but at least there is a chance. Too many players are always worried we are going to scare off the GMs unless we love every release. I call them mindless zombies. Where is Teek to take care of the zombies for me....

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 02:29 PM CDT
>Things dont happen unless you speak up about them. GMs wont know that you are happy or disappointed unless you tell them.

The thing is, if you whine in all of your posts like a baby, you're going to get treated like one and ignored.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 02:32 PM CDT
<<The thing is, if you whine in all of your posts like a baby, you're going to get treated like one and ignored.

Always humorous that anyone that has a complaint is called a whiner. Sorry I dont meet your ass kissing requirements. Dont let your blue title go to your head. You are a moron.

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 03:02 PM CDT
>Always humorous that anyone that has a complaint is called a whiner. Sorry I dont meet your ass kissing requirements. Dont let your blue title go to your head. You are a moron.

I really don't qualify as an ass kisser.

But you were just one-upped in QQing by SOULBURNER, so the point is moot.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 03:02 PM CDT
>>Yes its very common for the mindless people to claim that people that dont ass kiss are asses themselves. Although they are so busy kissing ass, that thats all they see and know.

There is a difference between being a kiss ass and a constructive member of a society. Those who are not constructive members tend to view constructive members as kiss ass.

>>Things dont happen unless you speak up about them.

There is a difference between complaining, and constructive criticism. I suggest you learn the difference if you expect people to take your posts seriously on their own. Also providing hard evidence with said criticism. Something I havn't seen you do yet.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 03:20 PM CDT
<<There is a difference between complaining, and constructive criticism. I suggest you learn the difference if you expect people to take your posts seriously on their own. Also providing hard evidence with said criticism. Something I havn't seen you do yet.

It would help if you knew what constructive meant.

Let me give you an example.

Not constructive.

I hate the new skinning, it sucks, you GMs all suck. </post>

Constructive.

I hate the new skinning. The coin values have dropped by 30% and the RTs are now much longer. I'm also not learning better when I thought I would be especially now that getting perfect skins has gotten harder. On top of it you gave away one of our last guild only perks to everyone, without replacing it with anything worthwhile. What gives?
</post>

YOUR idea of constructive.

The new skinning is great! I love it. You GMs are so awesome for your hard work. Thank you!!! BTW I love the fact that we are making less and taking longer to skin at our maximum potential! Rock on! XOXO </post>

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 03:53 PM CDT
As much as I hate to agree with Copernicus (Newton is so much cooler), I have to agree with his assessment. Falker you harp on whats wrong and how it affects you specifically. However, you don't explain thoroughly in a way to refute the other news that people are having a good time with the new system. So far I don't see a huge factor with the barb I play. He's been getting more money and learning about the same. You yourself stated that the reason you are mostly annoyed was that "although learning is about the same or a little worse" you are most annoyed with the amount of coin you are losing.

Putting things back in line and making it follow a uniform and coherent system might make a min/max top level character like yours a bit off.

For my barb i'm getting 1.5-2.5x more coin and learning about the same. You as a ranger are getting about the same amount of exp or a little less and 30% less coin.

You stated in early post you have around 700 ranks in skinning. What are you hunting again what is your weapon and armor ranks? The context you put out is that it all changed and it sucks because I can't get what I had before instead of putting in comparison for what the new direction of DR is going toward. Also the 30% hit is about what Dart said was going to happen. So far everything is in line with what he said, so whats the problem?

-Vorp
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 04:38 PM CDT
I wouldn't call it whining. It's just your post came ..... about what eight hours after the release. Besides if you didn't complain, I'd have no one to argue with, then my board reading would be all uneventful.

Although I do like to see some real data beyond one creature before people say a system sucks. That is just one of my personal requirements for taking someone seroiusly. I'm sure GM's like indepth well tested out feedback about systems.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/27/2009 05:10 PM CDT
<<owever, you don't explain thoroughly in a way to refute the other news that people are having a good time with the new system.

The 'system' isnt always what it seems. Under the old system, I was annoyed that non-rangers could lock their skinning in an area at higher ranks than I had, when I couldnt get above perplexing. I was forced to move up the critter ladder faster if I wanted to continue to learn skinning at the best rate I could or else I just had to deal with not learning skinning as fast. Still, while watching a barb or thief continue learning past what I could. At higher level critters, I could basically get to the point where I just didnt cast HOL, and learned at a decent pace with arrange. Arrange basically doubled the difficulty, so the higher you go, the higher that double difficulty would help you learn.

I never had a huge problem learning skinning because I was always able to move to the next critter. I had a problem with our bonus and spells hindering our learning. It was annoying to see a non-rangers locking a skill that we were told we were the masters of. Sure rank for rank, I was still better at skinning, but they had more ranks. I dont believe that just because we are survival primary, we should have a harder time locking the same skill as a secondary, when we had the means to increase the difficulty and exp of that task.

As for the money, Arranging was Ranger's gweth making. (Anyone can Tan and fletch before that arguement starts). Arranging was a rangers guild-only way of making money. We could sell perfect skins to people that wanted to tan, or just sell them period for the extra value. That has been nerfed. Of course I'm going to be upset about it. Values should have been dropped at the low to mid end, I agree. A level 30-35 critter shouldnt be paying as much 1400-1500 per hide. On the flipside 90-150th Level critters shouldnt be paying as little as 800-1000 per hide. The balance of the system is flawed. That is my problem with the coin.

For the learning under the new system, I was expecting to learn better. I Thought that was the goal of the skinning fix, to let us learn off base ranks. What really happened was that the increased learning was taken away from penalties such as using a 2handed weapon and/or arranging. The decreased learning was also fixed from bonuses (like we wanted). Skinning exp was lowered per skin, but learning was added to the act of arranging, so you would be required to arrange 5 times to learn at the same rate. The difficult was also increased. (I went from getting perfect skins everytime under the old system, to less than half the time now, with no increase to exp learning) The people that notice the huge boost in learning are people that were purposely failing at skinning to learn, people that were boosted so much by bonuses that they were succeeding TOO well, or people couldnt arrange that were at the top of the skinning for an area already (lower level critters) because the difficulty of skinning was slightly increased and so the level skinning can be learned in that area was also increased slightly.

<<Putting things back in line and making it follow a uniform and coherent system might make a min/max top level character like yours a bit off

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm the farthest thing from a mix/max character. If that were the case, I'd have hit 150th over a year ago.

Also, I had a problem with these changes when they were first being tested on the test server. I voiced my opinion then. Since nothing was changed and the system has been released I'm voicing my opinion again. Even if I know it is falling on deaf ears, I wouldnt be the Falker if I remained quiet.

Falker
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/28/2009 09:40 AM CDT
Non*-*Constructive
I hate the new skinning, it sucks, you GMs all suck. </post>

Also Non*-*Constructive
I hate the new skinning. The coin values have dropped by 30% and the RTs are now much longer. I'm also not learning better when I thought I would be especially now that getting perfect skins has gotten harder. On top of it you gave away one of our last guild only perks to everyone, without replacing it with anything worthwhile. What gives?
</post>

Constructive
Something feels very off to me with these changes. I'm finding it very difficult to generate the same amount of coin while hunting as I was able to prior to this change. I'm not particularly a fan of the implemented RT, but seeing as how every other action in the game causes RT I understand why this aspect was added.

I would like to point out that I can't seem to learn that well with this new system--I'm currently hunting x creature with z skinning ranks. Are these the right creatures I should be hunting?
</post>

Constructive
I don't agree with these changes. I find aspects a, b and c to be off because of x, y and z. I would suggest doing this instead: Insert Suggestions Here
</post>

That's more or less my interpretation of the differences between a constructive and non-constructive post.

__
~Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v3.xls
Re: Nerdinstinks 03/28/2009 07:14 PM CDT
oh wow, looks like i am missing all the fun

I'm on a Motor-boat!!