Re: Trash Pandas for Everyone - Current Ranger Woes 12/11/2015 10:12 AM CST
Glad to know GMs are looking into "Ranger Woes". Thanks!

My two woes are scouting and the bonus.

As far as scouting for trail running ... I WISH I could summon a beast of some sort to carry me to my destination. Maybe this could be somehow woven into the companion thing. I know nothing about designing or coding -- obviously. However, an example might be that the simple trails are left as just that, but offer more training. Perhaps the harder, advanced trails actually start at say the peak of a mountain or from a tree platform (point A) and a giant hawk is summoned and takes you to a pre-appointed destination (point B). For instance a hawk could take you from Leth to outside of Crossings. Or even start at a beach (point A) and a dolphin is summoned to take you to an Asery (point B). The higher the skill in scouting the bigger mount you can summon -- hawk to gryphon to wyvern. Or giant seahorse to dolphin to whale? I guess I'm sorta thinking Avatar/Dune here. At each point in the ladder of summoning beasts for travel purposes, you would have to befriend one of the beasts before it would submit to allowing you to ride it.

As for compansions for everyone .. okay, fine. But can we at least keep some Ranger things Rangerly? At times I feel like other than whistling for a wolf that will die soon, or running some useless slower than a snail trail, I might as well be in any other guild. Let me say, I most certainly do appreciate everything that has been done to upgrade and make DR better and keeping the guild "rangerly" in a large part relies on the players themselves, at least those that are not zombified. I would like to see some more guild clarity or division from other guilds and not just by magic spells. That's what made DR great in its hay day and my personal opinion is that it could be that great again.

Let me just say it again, I do thank the GMs for all they do. These are just wishes/suggestions/idea starters. Whatever.

::flail::

Player Behind Lorwryn
Re: Trash Pandas for Everyone - Current Ranger Woes 12/11/2015 02:30 PM CST
I wonder if the bonus problem would be solved by changing over to a static system. I.e., if you are in a wilderness area, you get full bonus, and if you're in a city, you get nothing -- with various gradations in between of course. Then MON would allow you to carry your bonus with you but it wouldn't be a big deal to let it drop if you're just in a social situation and thus don't need your Survival skills.

- Navesi
Re: Trash Pandas for Everyone - Current Ranger Woes 12/11/2015 05:43 PM CST
>I wonder if the bonus problem would be solved by changing over to a static system. I.e., if you are in a wilderness area, you get full bonus, and if you're in a city, you get nothing -- with various gradations in between of course. Then MON would allow you to carry your bonus with you but it wouldn't be a big deal to let it drop if you're just in a social situation and thus don't need your Survival skills.

In theory this is similar to thief urban bonus, so it could be easy to convert?