Compost 04/17/2015 01:53 PM CDT
Can Compost please stop destroying crafting materials? When trying to use tailoring or carving and the first step causes part of the item to fall to the ground just to have someone cast Compost and destroy it. This has got to stop.
Re: Compost 04/21/2015 03:16 PM CDT
Short term solution - when tailoring, I measure out and cut the material before studying the book so there isn't any RT. Then I quickly put the spare material in my hand away, pick up the material I'm going to work with, study the book then cut with scissors to start the first step. That way my material is on the ground for no more than a second.

I think when carving with bone you can do the same thing. I don't think there is a way to split a rock up without doing it as the first step though.
I believe the at-feet slot is supposed to help deal with extra crafting materials of all types, eventually, by having them fall safely at your feet instead of on the ground.

I don't really like what compost has turned into. It went from being a really useful spell that people only cast when they needed it to being a slightly less useful spell that people cast all the time to train with.
Rangers do need a low skill utility spell to train with..I just wish it didn't require us to destroy everything on the ground in order to train it.