Beseeches. 09/15/2011 03:43 PM CDT
This is not a cry to have them improved, or even changed on any core level. They are what they are.
But for the love of all that is holy, what the heck is up with the chanting crap? Do we REALLY need it?

My character is a Kaldar. Not every ranger in this game is a dainty little elf whose preferred method of transportation is frolicking. There's no way my character would ever be caught dead chanting something like what's seen with beseech the sun to dry. It's way too obvious, obnoxious, and worst of all, it rhymes! I don't see how the chanting portion brings anything to the table besides making rangers look silly when they're trying to make use of their abilities.

All I'm asking for is something a little more subtle. Something that doesn't scream, "Hey, I wear ladies dresses in my spare time." This nonsense has got to go.
Re: Beseeches. 09/15/2011 04:17 PM CDT
>All I'm asking for is something a little more subtle. Something that doesn't scream, "Hey, I wear ladies dresses in my spare time."

Blame the elfs.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Beseeches. 09/15/2011 05:15 PM CDT
I can think of quite a few notable kaldaran rangers

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Beseeches. 09/15/2011 05:49 PM CDT
At least non rangers do not see what is being chanted. And so what if a ranger does, since they have to chant the same thing to get the same effect. Pretty strange thing to be complaining about... although, I do like seeing more than one post a day in the ranger folders.

Telrenth
Re: Beseeches. 09/15/2011 11:31 PM CDT
I can think of a particular elf that would make your kaldar seem more like a halfling crying home to mommy, wetting the bed every night. Chanting would be the least of your worries.

Falker
Re: Beseeches. 09/16/2011 03:51 AM CDT

Thank you for your insightful response, Falker. You hit the issue on the head and I no longer have any complaints at all. You're a shining example for this community and a gentleman besides. If you could see your way to responding to all of my forum posts in the future in a similar useful fashion, I would be overjoyed.

Now that that's aside, do you need me to help you look for your safety helmet, little guy?
Re: Beseeches ::NUDGE:: 09/16/2011 08:58 AM CDT

That's enough.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Beseeches. 09/16/2011 07:22 PM CDT
<<Thank you for your insightful response, Falker. You hit the issue on the head and I no longer have any complaints at all. You're a shining example for this community and a gentleman besides. If you could see your way to responding to all of my forum posts in the future in a similar useful fashion, I would be overjoyed.

<< Now that that's aside, do you need me to help you look for your safety helmet, little guy?

And people wonder why no one posts anymore. You take a small joke, and turn it into... this? The little guy part was mildly amusing though.

Falker
Re: Beseeches. 09/16/2011 08:11 PM CDT
::taps his Falker for president pin

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Beseeches. 09/17/2011 12:09 AM CDT
Nothing like the days of Falker vs. Krinahd.

~V

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Beseeches. 09/17/2011 02:13 PM CDT
<<Nothing like the days of Falker vs. Krinahd>>

I do so miss Krinahd....anyone know how he is doing and is he ever coming back? I miss his kilt.

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow who wants to investigate Krinahd's kilt
Re: Beseeches. 09/19/2011 08:07 PM CDT
I seem to recall Krinahd being another of those Kaldaran Rangers, like myself of course

~Purnay
Re: Beseeches. 09/20/2011 07:10 PM CDT
<<I seem to recall Krinahd being another of those Kaldaran Rangers, like myself of course

He was.

Falker