Luring creatures 09/12/2011 09:13 AM CDT
I just want to say that I think that it's ridiculous that a barbarian spitting snarling dancing all over the place and roaring about can toot on a warhorn and lure any mob into the room. but as a ranger, in tune with nature and able to vanish into nothing at will... I can't even call animals into the room let alone any creature in the game.

We hear a lot of talk about balance and fairness when it comes to the use of magic and the use of magic to accomplish things. We've had some of our abilities shared with every guild in the game. (arranging, companions, etc) but when content is released that from an RP standpoint really makes sense for our guild... we aren't even given a tip of the hat.

I'm done complaining... but I would be interested in a civil conversation with whatever GM decides who gets what abilities.
Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 09:41 AM CDT
>We hear a lot of talk about balance and fairness when it comes to the use of magic and the use of magic to accomplish things. We've had some of our abilities shared with every guild in the game. (arranging, companions, etc) but when content is released that from an RP standpoint really makes sense for our guild... we aren't even given a tip of the hat.

Especially since animal lures/calls were something mentioned both by Treveri and Jent as a natural for ranger development. I was also disappointed that we were excluded from this system when it seems to be so much in sync with the hunter aspect of this guild.

This was one of the several reasons I kept up with training vocals after having enough for the beseech, in case we ever got this ability.

-pete
Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 10:42 AM CDT
But we got the nature's boon spell!

The richest guild is not the one that has the most, but expects the least.

Rangers are the richest by far.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 11:06 AM CDT
Barbarians getting to lure was an instance of playability trumping realism.
Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 03:40 PM CDT
I'll buy that they need something like it for playability... but I think we should get it for realism.
Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 06:57 PM CDT
>>I'll buy that they need something like it for playability

Um... how do they need more critters than I do?

Re: Luring creatures 09/12/2011 07:03 PM CDT
>>Um... how do they need more critters than I do?

I lol'ed <3

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Luring creatures 09/13/2011 03:17 AM CDT
>>Um... how do they need more critters than I do?

How long does it take you to lock evasion or hiding/stalking? Now imagine you're weapons primary instead, and you need three different kinds of weapons, and the only way to learn well is to utterly eviscerate creatures.

Sometimes gryphon spawn can't keep up with me when each room is filled.
Malkien
Re: Luring creatures 09/13/2011 06:21 AM CDT
>How long does it take you to lock evasion or hiding/stalking? Now imagine you're weapons primary instead, and you need three different kinds of weapons, and the only way to learn well is to utterly eviscerate creatures.

Basically how skinning was for rangers before arrange, except you get exp for every attack instead of just once.

I have no issue with Barbs getting war horns. Or Bards getting siren.

I just firmly believe that we should have gotten our long-discussed animal lure/call ability along with them.

-pete
Re: Luring creatures 09/13/2011 05:42 PM CDT
>>How long does it take you to lock evasion or hiding/stalking?

Longer than I want it to. Just because you are weapons prime, don't make the mistake of thinking that hiding/stalking/perception/scouting lock instantly.

I can lock several weapons, long before I lock my hiding.

The fact is, everyone wants more critters for some reason or another. Barbs don't NEED it anymore than anyone else NEEDS it in some way.

We all have crosses to bare. Now get back in your own folder.

Re: Luring creatures 09/13/2011 06:16 PM CDT
Stalk, ambush (Jab is great, but you can use the entire sequence ((draw, sweep, slice, chop, ect)) and repeating it over and over again has worked very well for me. If your not getting good results, it may be time to find a more challenging critter.

Do, or do not, there is no try." -Yoda
Re: Luring creatures 09/13/2011 09:29 PM CDT
Several posts were hidden. Let's please keep this constructive and guild v. guild free.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (DR-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).

Thank you,
Sidatura