Langenfirth 09/19/2010 09:18 AM CDT
I would like to know why Langenfirth is no longer a ranger friendly town. I recently returned and i can understand losing a bonus but lets get one thing straight, the word is bonus meaning a boost. This does not mean i should be penalized for skills that i have learned. Now granted some skills I can understand being penalized for such as foraging. This would make sense since there are many different odors in a town . But why should i be penalized in my magic and other skills. And last time i was here Lang always held the Ranger gathering . I am not sure whos idea it was but you guys really need to back off on this a bit this is ridiculous to be penalized that quickly and for that much .Some of us do like to socialize a little we are not all the type that sit in the woods alone and like to be hermits. Cater to the few whiners and complainers that have the GMs ear the same way they always have done.
Re: Langenfirth & Other Areas... 09/19/2010 11:21 AM CDT
To piggy back, I find it absurd that Ranger Guilds across the lands are not pristine.

As an aside, you could search the amazingly easily navigable forums for a post about Lang. It was decided that it was a populated area with significant trade and therefore it will suck to be a Ranger there.

And then get ready for a post from someone saying: Over (big double digit number) percentage of the game area is wilds. Unfortunately what isn't mentioned is that hang-out spots in a "social" game are not 80% wild.

It would be interesting to list all the hangout spots (The Green, NE Gate, etc) and what level of bonus they provide.

Or we could accept that BOOST/BONUS is above and beyond, and expecting to run around at +8 bonus level is not likely without some sacrifices.

Food for Thought.

-The Hungry Halfing

Re: Langenfirth 09/19/2010 12:10 PM CDT

<<I would like to know why Langenfirth is no longer a ranger friendly town. I recently returned and i can understand losing a bonus but lets get one thing straight, the word is bonus meaning a boost. This does not mean i should be penalized for skills that i have learned. Now granted some skills I can understand being penalized for such as foraging. This would make sense since there are many different odors in a town . But why should i be penalized in my magic and other skills. And last time i was here Lang always held the Ranger gathering . I am not sure whos idea it was but you guys really need to back off on this a bit this is ridiculous to be penalized that quickly and for that much .Some of us do like to socialize a little we are not all the type that sit in the woods alone and like to be hermits. Cater to the few whiners and complainers that have the GMs ear the same way they always have done.

Before you go off on about not getting a bonus/boost and getting penalized on stuff you don't get bonuses for. You may want to look into it. IE Life magic isn't bonused so it doesn't lose anything. As well ranger bonus was just changed to drift based on the room your in vs the old way of taking DAYS to get back to full bonus it takes hours now. The Ranger bonus deal is a lot better than it use to be.

Re: Langenfirth 09/19/2010 12:30 PM CDT
If you hang out in Lang all day, you will still be operating under a bonus. It's not full wilderness, but then again it's a Town, it shouldn't be.

Pro tip: You don't need to be in a +8 room to get the full effect of the ranger bonus.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Langenfirth 09/19/2010 01:41 PM CDT
>If you hang out in Lang all day, you will still be operating under a bonus. It's not full wilderness, but then again it's a Town, it shouldn't be.

This.

Agree, however, that our guildhalls need to be looked at. Some of them are not very ranger friendly.

-pete
Re: Langenfirth & Other Areas... 09/20/2010 09:50 PM CDT
>t would be interesting to list all the hangout spots (The Green, NE Gate, etc) and what level of bonus they provide.

I would expect that most "hangout spots" would not be particularly ranger friendly. That would be logical, for the most part.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Langenfirth & Other Areas... 09/21/2010 08:52 AM CDT
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Ranger_Bonus

Here's a link to check out some quick info on the current ranger bonus. I wish it was referred to as a modifier instead of a bonus, since that would be more accurate.

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Langenfirth & Other Areas... 09/21/2010 05:03 PM CDT
<<I wish it was referred to as a modifier instead of a bonus, since that would be more accurate.>>

Jalika, I am not the brightest leaf on the tree...modifier=harder to say. : D

BTW thanks for coming to my rescue the other day, even though I didn't need it since I was dead but at the healing/raising spot. Warmed my heart, it did.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky