duraka skefne enameled with smoky whorls near the spearhead Sold in Siksraja 12/06/2016 11:32 PM CST
Hello all,

I will start out by saying that I am unsure if I should post this here, or in the weapons folder.. but since it relates to the Rakash Village store, I thought I'd try here first. I am curious as to why this Version of the Duraka Skefne dosen't appraise as a Heavy thrown like the crafted versions do? I understand it is slightly more damaging than a regular metal Crafted one (Not sure about the other versions since Elanthepedia is missing those info listings at the moment), but it is also slightly heavier. Again, just a curious for me since I would prefer to stick to Rakash racial weapons where I can, and I love the look of this one, as well as it fitting the RP I have in mind as far as HT. Again, it is only a question and I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this at, but I still appreciate any and all time and patience in the answering of it, if there is an answer. Thank you.
Re: duraka skefne enameled with smoky whorls near the spearhead Sold in Siksraja 12/07/2016 06:13 AM CST
It looks like it's on the rack with 'halberd' weapons, so the wrong template may have been applied to it at creation?

The noun (skefne) and description are unmistakably a spear.

Have you gone out and appraised it? The person who uploaded it to the wiki might have done so incorrectly.
Re: duraka skefne enameled with smoky whorls near the spearhead Sold in Siksraja 12/07/2016 02:48 PM CST
>>It looks like it's on the rack with 'halberd' weapons, so the wrong template may have been applied to it at creation?

It's actually on the shelf with all of the polearms, since it is also a polearm :)

All skefne are pike-like polearms, with the primary difference between duraka and ilglaiks skefne being their length.

When the shop was overhauled, duraka skefne weren't in the templates available to the GM weapon creation system, but ilglaiks skefne were, so the duraka skefne in Kifa Awrocis was made off of an adjusted version of that template. That's why you're seeing the difference.

If I were to change the shop template to match the crafted ones, the stats would have to be adjusted down to match the correct tier for the new template.

-Persida
Re: duraka skefne enameled with smoky whorls near the spearhead Sold in Siksraja 12/10/2016 04:52 PM CST
I did appraise the Skefne in question, so the wiki was correct, and this is why I was curious.. as any of the other Duraka Skefne's I have seen in game (including the one from the old shop) appraise as a Polearm/HT, which is why I was curious about this one.

Persida,

I don't know if it is something you would do or not, and I am unsure how many have purchased said Skefne, but I was looking at it strictly from a RP purpose for my Rakash (as I am trying to only use Natural weapons and Rakash flavored ones), and because I really enjoy the way it looks. I personally would be ok with it moved to the standard crafted template (assuming you mean the Steel values) at the appropriate weights, However, I do not wish ask to add anymore workload to you, or if a lot of players have purchased it, aggravated them with a change, so I can always just get a plain version of a crafted one to cover my spear chucking needs lol. As I said earlier, I was mostly curious about the odd differences. So, with that said, I will tell you both thank you for your time and information and I hope you are enjoying your weekend. :-)