First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 09:14 AM CST
Hi all!

The first Siksraja shop updates are now released! Along the way, pretty extensive updates also occurred to the room names in and around Siksraja, and a few other little tweaks were made here and there to bring other environmental aspects (NPCs and room objects, etc) in line with the overall racial language usage updates I've been working on. The village and surrounds are now much easier to understand without a dictionary.

OVERVIEW AND MISC
* Visfarej Cehs/Garidznawk Cehs, Uz Zinat, and Permutations of Siksraja (formerly Pawla's Permutations) are now re-opened and ready for shoppers to buy their new and updated items!
* Cefrits and Kifa Awrocis remain closed for just a bit longer, but are pretty close to completion themselves! When finished, all of the weapons and armor will be brought up to current shop standards for tiers as well.
* The stand that sells the Rakash favor statues has returned to its usual spot in Garidznawk Cehs.
* Room names, room objects, and misc. bits were brought in line with current guidelines for racial language use throughout Siksraja and all related areas. Those interested in Siksraja Rakash lore may want to check out the local caves for a new tidbit of insight as well.

SHOP UPDATE SPECIFICS
* Uz Zinat
* All 16 shop items refreshed or new!
* A few extra special items are now for sale. Prices were set accordingly.

* Permutations of Siksraja
* 11 new/refreshed items!
* Jingle, jingle.

* Visfarej Cehs
* 17 new/refreshed items! Includes nouns previously not for sale in 24/7 shops!
* Shield is T3.

These updates are live in both Plat and Prime, with TF to follow in a bit provided nothing major explodes.

-Persida
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 01:16 PM CST
I updated these shops.

Should the wristcut, ring, and beads in Uz Zinat have a look? They do not. I assume they do something special, but it still seems like they should have a look, almost everything else does.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 02:05 PM CST
>>Should the wristcuff, ring, and beads in Uz Zinat have a look?

Nope! These items are in fact special in a different way, and the lack of a regular LOOK is intentional.

-Persida
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 02:16 PM CST
>>Badgopher: I updated these shops.

Thanks. I left a message on your talk page.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 05:39 PM CST
I've added a few little tidbits to some of the entries on Elanthipedia, and made a couple of corrections to things that were still outdated, but there's a bunch left for enterprising players to find and document!

I look forward to seeing who is the first to figure out what the expensive new amulet in Uz Zinat is all about (hint - it's not just useful for Rakash, and not even all Rakash can see all of what it can do), and send my gratitude in advance to anyone working on updating map-related information due to the many, many room name changes (also throughout the hunting areas near Siksraja).

Hope you're enjoying the new wares!

-Persida
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 06:37 PM CST
>I've added a few little tidbits to some of the entries on Elanthipedia, and made a couple of corrections to things that were still outdated, but there's a bunch left for enterprising players to find and document!

Well, you answered one of my big questions, thanks!

Any hints about the 500 plat amulet? Will Non-Rakash see any benefit from it? Will people who don't worship the Rakash gods? I don't really have the 500 to drop on it, but I'm super excited for someone to buy it.

Are any of these expensive items limited?
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 07:03 PM CST
>>Any hints about the 500 plat amulet?

Yes!
>>(hint - it's not just useful for Rakash, and not even all Rakash can see all of what it can do)

>>Will Non-Rakash see any benefit from it?

Non-Rakash can see as much benefit from it as a Rakash can!

>>Will people who don't worship the Rakash gods?

Yes!

>>Are any of these expensive items limited?

No!

-Persida
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 07:17 PM CST
>>DR-Persida: my gratitude in advance to anyone working on updating map-related information due to the many, many room name changes (also throughout the hunting areas near Siksraja).

For those of you who are wondering, I will be updating the Genie map when I have access to my good computer again.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 07:21 PM CST

>For those of you who are wondering, I will be updating the Genie map when I have access to my good computer again.

Thank you! Got my little barb up there now and the lack of automapper stinks... it's spoiled me, at least it's an easy area to navigate.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 08:47 PM CST

I like the blood moon...now to figure out if the amulet does anything else
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/07/2016 09:31 PM CST
All the rooms on Genie map 40a have been updated to new room names and descriptions, except for the Pack House (no Kaldar allowed!). This did include everything west of the lumberjackable forest, including brocket deer and the clay army hunting areas, so if I made any mistakes, that's where they'll be.

For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 02:23 AM CST

Brocket deer mapping is borked, but if I remember right the rooms changed depending on the time of day :(
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 02:29 AM CST
The brocket deer maps were borked before, even during the different day/night cycles. For some reason they behave like the training rooms in Crossing do and fail to properly parse to the automapper when calling it from inside the hunting area. I've always had to manually move myself to just over the fence in order to get it to work, just like having to move out of the training rooms in crossing to get the automapper to work. I have never been able to find a good reason why it does this.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 11:14 AM CST
I don't know the details of automapper's functionality, but the middle rooms particularly are the same description with the same exits, and I've noticed that automapper doesn't like to play nice with such rooms. Unlike most other hunting areas where the rooms all have unique descriptions or more varied entrance and exit arcs, the brocket deer rooms are pretty much carbon copies of one another, which tend to trip up the tracking of what room you're in.

For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 11:36 AM CST
I seem to only have issues with the automapper in brocket deer when I log in the game while in that area. If I come from Lang and leave without logging out I have no problems with returning to Lang with the automapper, but if I log out in deer whenever I log back in I have to move out of the area by hand then the automapper works again.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 12:43 PM CST
Right, when you first login, Genie doesn't know what room you're in. It finds it based on the room description. If there are multiple rooms with the same name, then Genie doesn't know what room you're in, and assigns a $roomid of 0.

When you're actually moving around, though, say in Brocket Deer, Genie is able to keep track of where you were, what direction you moved, and thus what room you're in.

Having rooms with the same description certainly complicates things for Genie users.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 01:04 PM CST
My automapper macro does a #map reset command as part of it, so I see the loss of $zoneid and $roomid recognition every time. I suppose I'll have to remember to manually type #goto lang instead of ctrl-g lang and see if that works as a band-aid. Removing the #map reset command isn't an option, since that fixes more failures to find rooms than it causes.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! 02/09/2016 01:23 PM CST
I've had similar genie map wonkiness with some parts of hollow eve's map on lower spider. I can't confirm but I definitely feel like it has to do with rooms having the same names/descriptions/exits.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: First Round of Siksraja Shop Updates and QOL Tweaks! ::Nudge:: 02/09/2016 02:03 PM CST

Folks,

Genie discussion on Genie issues should take place over on ...you guessed it, the Genie boards.

Let's get back on topic, the neat releases.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.