Upcoming Siksraja Shop Updates: general overview 09/22/2015 05:11 PM CDT
Some of the shops in Siksraja are now closed while updates occur. While I anticipate these closures won’t be for more than a month or so (and hopefully much less) with the exception of Kifa Awrocis which may take longer to update, I don’t want to promise that with Hollow Eve so close on the horizon. I’ll update further once I have a better idea of when they’ll be ready to reopen.

What to expect in these updates:
* Shops not involved with these updates will stay open. These are: Zivis Cehs, Slafs Riza Rakstit, Saralt Kaste, Augs Uda

* The following shops will be closed in Plat and Prime until updates are finished: Visfarej Cehs, Uz Zinat, Kifa Awrocis, Cefrit of Odcoru, Pawla's Permutations

* Removal of some Rakash language nouns and adjectives that are no longer going to be used for items going forward. These include ‘variog, ‘sega’, ‘sildit, ‘ada’, ‘feleka’, and ‘sudrava’. Note: The review and updating of Rakash weapons is going to take a bit longer, so I’m not ready to say yet if any of those nouns may be removed or have their definitions changed significantly, but I can absolutely say that all of the ones currently in the player crafting system will be staying available.

* Refreshes of existing items to match better with the updated definitions of the various Rakash cultural items.

* Possible additions of new items to fit with Rakash lore expansions.

* Temporary relocation of the Rakash favor statues to right outside of the shop where they’re normally sold until it’s ready to reopen.

What won’t be happening:
* We won’t be changing items PC already own, even if they would no longer be allowed by the updated rules. Consider these legacy items, though, so if you want to alter one of them, understand that the parts which no longer are allowable will be required to be changed to fit current standards during the alteration process.

* Shops won't be closed in TF during the overhaul. TF being TF, I'm not concerned about possible lore conflicting items continuing to go out in the interim there.

-Persida
Re: Upcoming Siksraja Shop Updates: general overview 09/22/2015 05:17 PM CDT
Thank you for the heads up on this Persida. I totally understand that with changes in lore, it's pretty important to fix up any instances where there might be conflicting items vs. information. Hopefully, they can get open quickly and there will be all sorts of new stuff for me to snatch up.

I really appreciate all the clarification on the Rakash things, it's helpful for moving forward with event gifts and prizes that I'd like to do in the future.

Side note for my fellow Rakash players: I had planned to do another Rakash Moot in November, but that will be put on hold until these updates happen so that way I can make appropriate gifts and prizes for it. Also, the updates will give us something to talk about when we gather. :D

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: Upcoming Siksraja Shop Updates: general overview 09/22/2015 05:46 PM CDT
I am grateful to see the lore being fleshed out and to see Rakash nouns (and especially adjectives) being reserved for those items that are distinctly Rakash.

S'Kra items could use a similar overhaul, IMO.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Upcoming Siksraja Shop Updates: general overview 09/22/2015 07:07 PM CDT
>>S'Kra items could use a similar overhaul, IMO.

+1
Re: Upcoming Siksraja Shop Updates: general overview 12/06/2015 08:17 PM CST
A little slower than I'd hoped, but the first of these are now in QC.

Kifa Awrocis and Cefrit of Odcoru are still being worked on out of this batch. I didn't want them to hold up the others, so they'll come out as they're ready.

I'll give a more meaningful update when we're ready for release, but I wanted to give you guys a status update in the meantime.

-Persida