Prydaen Gathering! 05/29/2017 03:52 AM CDT

Ugh, dropped the ball due to illness! But...! Let's plan a Prydaen song and story night for June 23rd or June 24th (let me know your preference ASAP)! Let's do this!

Will take place in the food tree in cougars - if you can't find it, let me know!

~ Feysy
Re: Prydaen Gathering! 06/02/2017 08:28 PM CDT

Alright, votes are in! Prydaen Song and Story Night will be on June 23rd! Bring questions, curiosity, stories, memories, and get your RP on! Will be held in the Ancient Tree outside Crossing so everyone can attend - snacks already there, but if you don't know the way, just get a hold of Feysy at the Ranger Grove (any time she's awake) or outside the West Gate just prior to the event! We will do 6pm PST (9pm EST)!
Re: Prydaen Gathering! 06/23/2017 06:45 PM CDT

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! The Prydaen Song and Story night is TONIGHT, folks!!!! Theoretically, Feysy is hosting, but let's face it, she doesn't know what she's doing. She'll be outside the West Gate of the Crossing to lead people who don't know the way to the Ancient Tree with the food and snacks (LIVING FOOD) for the Prydaen to gather, share news, memories, songs, stories, and traditions and generally cavort and have fun! If you have ideas, hopes, and dreams (and I surely hope that you do!), come on down and share them, too (and even if you don't!)!

See you there!
Re: Prydaen Gathering! 06/23/2017 10:28 PM CDT

Oh my! We had a fun night! We were SO lucky to all receive the 2nd place prize winning ham stuff rat sandwich by Nakori - it was AMAZING! Thank you for that! We also had a birthday, a wedding, 2 traditional songs, a family song, a new song dedicated to our beloved Lasika, and a fun and rollicking song that started our evening about a dear Uncle Furfoot! There were snacks and drinks and merriment! Somehow, stone chairs sprouted from the ancient tree, so that was interesting? There MIGHT have been some confusion as well, but that happens on the regular. It was a fantastic evening and thank you all for attending!

There is no log - at least, none from me, because I don't know what I'm doing. BUT! I DO want to share with you a song that Vixonia shared with us and encouraged us to pass along, and so I am doing that here.

Vixonia says, "I'd like to take a moment to sing a song written by a prydaen bard by the name of Syleen D'Vyrhhl."

Vixonia says, "It's a song that she wrote to spread the tale of our history, the history of the Prydaen people. A tale that her mother told her when she was quite young."

"My child you will learn today
Of things you need to know
From where you sprung and where you'll go
Now listen well, as my words do flow

These are things my child should know. "

"Listen Kit, and listen well
Ya need ta know from where ya come
Now hush yer mouth and hear my words
And feel the pride, feel.. the pryde

Feel yer Pryde, oh child of mine. "

"Once we lived far west of here
Once we had lands of our own
We hunted free and lived as one
With Eu we dwelt, and Demrris our guide

We lived our lives as One. "

Vixonia says, "Now this is when her mother lowered her voice, her eyes a little sad and she murmured "Yer tha Pryde, Syleen and never ya ferget it. Now yer gonna hear what happened ta yer people." and I tell you, her words still bring a shiver to the soul."

"Lyras came.. with her evil ways
She stole from us our verra souls
Helplessly we watched them die
Our race.. our kin.. our land.. our homes
She took it ALL before our eyes

She even stole our dead. "

"We could na stop the dyin
We could na stop tha dead
The dead were our own Kin, child
The undead that come at us were our Own

Even Tenemlor and the Wheel.. denied. "

"To saves ourselves, to save us all
We sacrificed and made a wall
We had na choice, we had na will
Except to barricade them in

Create the Great Barrier is what we did. "

Vixonia sternly says, "This is what her mother said to her then, and what I say to you now so listen closely as you've never listened before.. Prydaen Kin of mine."

"Ya WILL someday return, my child
Ya WILL reclaim our own
This is what yer birth was for
To carry on when I am gone

To bring our people home! "

"Go west and claim our home again
Go West and kill the scourge
Purge the evil from our souls
Burn the dead.. send them strait to tha Wheel

And learn to live as One again. "

"Listen Kit, and listen well
Ya need ta know from where ya come
Now hush yer mouth and hear my words
And feel the pride, feel the pryde

Feel yer Pryde, oh child of mine. "

Vixonia quietly says, "Remember, my Kin.. you're the Pryde."

Thank you, again, and I look forward to the next one!