Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/02/2016 07:21 AM CDT
It had been a long time since Sunfall and Silverclaw Hub began to accept visitors, and even welcome new members of their communities. Slowly, but surely, the Prydaen people were coming to hold their ground in the East, to recover from their losses and rebuild the image of their culture, despite every setback—orphaned children being raised as pets, grief and vengeance warping the minds of the survivors.

So why was it, she mused as she crunched the skull of a rat between her teeth—why was it that the gathering spot used for so long, when they had nothing else, still remained shrouded in silence? It was not even marked on any map, for Eu's sake! A secret still, when so many others had been unveiled? Silliness. Every day, kits were growing up, eager to become guilded, to explore their world, and still so few knew of this nearly-historical spot...

She visited the Hubs, spoke to the Elders, and they agreed. It was time to acknowledge their home away from home. With their permission, and a small group of hunters armed with prybars and hammers, she returned to the tree. For the next anlas, they clambered from limb to limb, removing the wards. The voices flickered over her mind as more and more wards came off, whispers, echoes, then a roar of ideas all at once as the last one fell away, and the full brunt of the gwethdesuan chaos enveloped her.

"Oh, Eu," she whispered, her lip quavering with horror, "aio giyo yodafova ez no?"

I'd like to plan a kind of get-together, nothing fancy, just some Prydaen folk hanging out for a bit. Tell some stories, make a mess eating squirming things, that sort of thing.

Potential dates!
(Post and let us know which one works better for you! Or we'll do both!)
Saturday of the 8th or the 22nd of October!

Potential time!
10 PM! Show up earlier if you like!

Definitely this place!
The food tree west of Crossings! Tromp through the muskhogs and the brook, head northwest through the dense forest, climb up the tree!

Why?
Because Naohhi was awesome enough to take down the wards that blocked thoughts and magic. It is still not advised to "fall asleep" in the tree, as it will kick you down into the forest with the cougars. But now we can sit here and listen to the world, send thoughts, and do all the things that hanging out lets us do, without feeling like total recluses!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/03/2016 02:39 PM CDT
When you have a firm date, feel free to email dr-events@play.net and request it be placed on the event calendar. :)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/05/2016 04:30 AM CDT
Is there a form I should fill out to do that? Is it too late to email for the 8th? I'll try to do it for the 22nd, but I'm too nervous to figure out what to say in time for the 8th, so we'll just see what happens then...

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/05/2016 05:07 AM CDT
In another thread I believe Persida said to give them two-week notice to add it on the calendar.
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/05/2016 06:52 AM CDT
>>Is there a form I should fill out to do that?

Not really, but it's important to send all of the information you see on any calendar entry.

Event Name:
Short Description of Event:
Start Time:
Date:
>>Is it too late to email for the 8th?

While it's not ever too late to email, we do ask that you give us at least two weeks works of notice between when you email and when you schedule your event so we can guarantee the entry will be up in time. If you send one with less lead time, it may not be able to be reviewed and put up in time for your event.

Additionally, please look at the calendar itself when you're working out a date. We do not schedule events on the calendar if they will conflict with another event already on the calendar for that Province on that day/time, or if they are focusing on the same type of crowd for attendance as any other event on the calendar for that day/time (in this case, another Prydaen gathering). So, getting your calendar entry request in early also helps you get the day/time you want!

If you do submit a request that is a conflict like I mentioned above, we try to work with you to reschedule the event at a day/time without a conflict, but if you aren't in the position to reschedule, we wouldn't be able to put it on the calendar for you in a case like that.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email the Events Team and we can chat about it!

-Persida
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/05/2016 06:23 PM CDT
Xionara will be attending, and will bring her siblings with her if anyone needs healing or trader services.

- I hate the word paywall and everything that goes with it. -
- Please keep the discussion on topic. Posts here should pertain to suggestions for Warrior Mages only please. MOD-Aneka

Xionara Swiftstrike
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/06/2016 02:32 AM CDT
Thank you so much! I will see how the turnout on the 8th goes, and if there is interest shown, I'll email for the 22nd.

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/10/2016 09:11 PM CDT
It was wonderful seeing members of the kin and meeting new people on the 8th. I'd love to see more of these events and participate. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know!

~Vixonia
Prydaen Bardess, Proud member of the Tavern Troupe Performing Order
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/18/2016 07:09 PM CDT
Just letting people know, we're still on for the 22nd! I think my email was still too late to get on the calender, but unless I get a surprise dentist appointment, I'll be there. And if I'm not there, go on without me! Have fun and make friends without someone making you do it! I'm not your mom!

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/23/2016 08:54 AM CDT
Hey guys. Sorry I posted I would be at these gatherings and couldn't make it. I intended to make both and real life got in the way both times. I hope that yesterday's meet up went well. If anyone wants to continue these gatherings, I'd be up to go barring any more real life complications/conflicts. Things are a bit tough for me at the moment but I'll make it to any future gatherings if I can.

- I hate the word paywall and everything that goes with it. -
- Please keep the discussion on topic. Posts here should pertain to suggestions for Warrior Mages only please. MOD-Aneka

Xionara Swiftstrike
Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 10/27/2016 04:28 AM CDT
It's okay! I'm hesitant to schedule one myself, because I can barely see an hour into the future, let alone 2-3 weeks for Events to put it on the calender. I could just start asking them to put it up the same time every month, and whoever attends, attends. It doesn't have to be a big event with gifts and things planned. Just a general "hey, people will most likely be here if you're looking for company" thing. So I could schedule it and not make it myself, and everyone there could make it great. My attempts at organizing things just got in the way, I felt.

Still need to find energy to go through the log and pick out the highlights of the second one, there were a few really sweet moments...

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 03/16/2017 10:21 PM CDT
I see big empty boxes on the calendar for the 23rd and 24th. Since it may be the last time I'll have time for a while, I'm going to tentatively say the next food tree gathering is on Friday, at 10PM EST! If something pops up on the calendar at that time, we'll move it back to Thursday.

Meanwhile, I'd like to find an order able to sponsor this event, make it a monthly thing, with gifts!

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 03/17/2017 03:41 AM CDT
NEVERMIND. Someone else has something at that date and time! So Thursday at 10PM EST! That's the 23rd!

Re: Fellowship and Maybe-Teaching Night 03/17/2017 05:14 AM CDT
Yay! I have a huge thing I can't miss on the 24th, so clearly the fates are favoring me here! yay!