S'kra language? 10/24/2017 02:55 PM CDT
In my search for a certain word in the s'kra language I've been amazed by how much work has been to document IG the other races languages.

But not the s'kra? We only have a primer that really doesnt give us that much, nowadays even less than many of the other races.

As I've spent the past 2-3 days reading the s'kra folder from the beginning (yeah, all 537 pages) I've been saddened by the fact that when Porlock left a lot on the s'kra was dropped. And yes, I'm aware that his main work was not really totally focused on s'kra or the written language, eth'ral'khh. But at one point near 10 yrs ago he had mentioned working on a more fleshed out dictionary (for want of a better word).

And yes, I realize there are less GMs nowadays than 10 yrs ago, I'm not going to debate that.

And I'm under the impression Bartlebee has left us also? I might be wrong, I have been gone a long time & still catching up.

But I'm begging the staff now, can we please get something more on the s'kra language? And not in 10 yrs? My main will be dead by then if I'm not (grin, I'm only a few yrs younger than my main is)

Thank you in advance
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 03:19 PM CDT

Have you tried coming up with it yourself? This isn't mechanically involved, and it feels like the kind of thing that makes for a great player-written book.
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 05:31 PM CDT
>>Have you tried coming up with it yourself? This isn't mechanically involved, and it feels like the kind of thing that makes for a great player-written book.

Player contributions to lore are awesome, but I'm not sure players can create languages/cities/gods/demons/etc as universal truths.

That isn't to say you, as a player, can't have your character worship a wagon wheel, but you can't create lore to says this is something Gnomes do.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 06:04 PM CDT

True enough, but they can take a stab at it. If it gets a GM blessing, even a partial one, then it becomes canon.
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 08:54 PM CDT
There is an email to submit DRbooks too, you should totally check into that.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 10:40 PM CDT

I imagine the GM's would be willing to consider further development as long as it was well researched and lined up with lore, interpretation, etc.

cultures are a living, breathing thing and as such, the s'kra (and others) sort of continually need evolutions, adaptations, re imaginings or so on.

One of us is most likely going to have to start that process is all
Re: S'kra language? 10/24/2017 10:40 PM CDT

I imagine the GM's would be willing to consider further development as long as it was well researched and lined up with lore, interpretation, etc.

cultures are a living, breathing thing and as such, the s'kra (and others) sort of continually need evolutions, adaptations, re imaginings or so on.

One of us is most likely going to have to start that process is all
Re: S'kra language? 12/28/2017 01:04 PM CST
For whatever reason us player linguists tend to get the cold shoulder from staff when it comes to DR conlangs. Or at least that's the impression I've always gotten.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history