S'kra question 03/15/2013 03:50 PM CDT
I've been wondering, is there a s'kra language equivalent for 'flowing water'? As in a stream?

Pants.
Re: S'kra question 03/15/2013 11:50 PM CDT
This question's answer largely depends on how you want to convey the river.

Words I might use if..
it's flowing beautifully like a dance: sarhhtha
it's flowing rapidly: hsshran
it's slow and calm: em
it's flowing quickly such that there is danger: isthu'ratha'a

What do you call the river itself?
Is it a large river? - shh'oi heke
Is it small? - pi'heke
Is it a long river? - neh'heke

Each of these would change the translation because of how S'Kra is set up. My best suggestion here would be to capture what you want to convey most about the river and then make your words.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: S'kra question 03/16/2013 12:08 AM CDT
Hrm. I forget how complex the language is.

Something along the lines of a small, moderately flowing, river or stream. Colorado, lots of rocks of various sizes all worn smooth by time, cool, crisp air, not snowing but cold, not a perfectly gentle stream but not a raging torrent either. Not dangerous, probably 5 feet deep.

Pants.
Re: S'kra question 03/16/2013 11:14 AM CDT
You do enjoy making this difficult. :p

The best I could come up on my own is close to:

pi'neh mhhg'heke hhshranzh

Broken down, you're looking at:
Pi being little, neh being long. This gives the river a long but small size.
Heke being the water, modified by mhhg to give it the winding of a river (like a serpent.)
Hhshran gives it swiftness and the zh negates it. It's not perfect, but it can imply a moderateness since rivers don't stand still.

This is a very detailed way of saying it, but it covers what you're asking for.

Hope this helps out, but in the future, you might want to check out elanthipedia. All of the translations I've done so far have come directly from it. :)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: S'kra question 03/16/2013 04:04 PM CDT
>Hope this helps out, but in the future, you might want to check out elanthipedia. All of the translations I've done so far have come directly from it. :)

Didn't occur to me, you should have just told me that to begin with. But thanks.

Pants.