Rakash Proverb Contest! 03/14/2011 09:12 PM CDT
Rakash linguist Ivukav Voskid has begun collecting Rakash proverbs to include in a new book.

So I’m opening the floor to you, dear players, to submit some proverbs and contribute to Rakash lore. Rakash Race Champion GM Anji will judge the contest, and three winners will be published in our next Rakash language book. Winners will also receive a modest prize, to be awarded at a gathering in Siksraja on Saturday, April 16th 9:00 PM EST. Send all submissions to me, at DR-Icuria@play.net with the title "Rakash Proverb Contest" by 3:00 AM EST March 27. Rakash and non-Rakash players alike are encouraged to submit to the contest.

What we are looking for:
We're looking for proverbs, so that should be one sentence that can stand alone. An example from English would be something like, “You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.”

We are NOT looking for idioms that are not a stand alone sentence. So nothing like, “let the cat out of the bag,” please!

These should be pretty short, so if you see your proverb going over fifteen words in English, reconsider. We’re not going to disqualify you for a sixteenth word, but the best proverbs are short and sweet.

So the rules:
You must meet the standards of DragonRealms policy.
Submitted proverbs must be in English!
Proverbs must be one sentence only.
Each player may submit up to three proverbs.
Be original. It's okay to borrow from proverbs we use in English, but if you do, try to modify it to fit DragonRealms and the Rakash race.
When submitting your entries, please include your account name, the name of the character you would like credited for supplying the proverb, and for which character in which instance you would like your prize.

Please note that we reserve the right to use your submissions as we wish once they are submitted (even if you don't win) including making changes to your proverbs before releasing them into the game.

Once again, all entries should come to me at DR-Icuria@play.net. The submission deadline is Sunday, March 27th. Questions and discussion should take place in this folder (Races of Dragonrealms > Languages of Elanthia).

-Icuria