Harci/harki 02/04/2007 09:16 PM CST
This is a question primarily for Bartlebee:

I've seen alternate spelling of "harci/harki" knives in game. Assuming this was intentional and not a QA miss, can you explain the difference? I am assuming it's dialectical, but is it geographical or is it a clan-based difference? Is it pronounced differently?

Thanks in advance!

Player of Silvanne, Maiamo Heruaminen Khandrishen

A protagonist must have an antagonist. Otherwise he's just a guy playing with himself.

A protagonist must have an antagonist. Otherwise he's just a guy playing with himself.
Re: Harci/harki 02/11/2007 09:29 AM CST
Good questions. Can you tell me where the harci or harki knives are obtained?

Thanks,
Bartlebee
Re: Harci/harki 02/11/2007 10:20 AM CST
I believe the ones with the 'K' are from Illaya Taipa, the ones with the 'C' were from the Elven tent at the second to last Theren Fest.

Rehlyn

A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
The sailor salutes and walks away to return to his duties.
Re: Harci/harki 02/11/2007 10:42 AM CST
There's also a jiranoci from the same Elf tent (Elven Accoutrements) and a jiranoki sold at the same merchant in Ilaya Taipa:

>A blue-stringed oak jranoki painted with graduated rows of lacquer seashells
>The bow is unusually wide along the grip, narrowing as it sweeps up to the risers. Lifelike rows of painted shells follow the curve of the wood: fat scallop shells, curling snails and spiraling cowries, to name just a few. The traditional blue gut string represents the heart of the ocean. While the length of the bow makes it impractical aboard a ship, the symbolism allows a River Elf to carry with him the memory of the sea wherever he may roam.

>an oak jiranoci gracefully inlaid with multi-hued shells
>Inlaid into the oak of the bow is a graceful pattern, like the waters of a river swirling around an eddy. The shells, of various shades and colors, flow together from the darker hues to the lighter shades and are lacquered to make them shine like a rainbow. Inscribed along the arm, near the grip, are the words "Sangut Assegis."

>A steel-bladed harki knife with a curved bone hilt

>a harci knife
>The harci knife is long and slightly curved. The blade is thin and appears to be too fragile to be of much use in any activity other than skinning.

~Thilan
Re: Harci/harki 02/11/2007 01:24 PM CST
Heh, I have both them bows, just wished they performed better in elven hands than they do. They are for style for me, but if i want to hunt somethin evil I'll still be using a capped mistwood. Any chance we could have bows that have a racial bonus similar to a dwarven tunneler's axe?
just curious

Rehlyn

A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
The sailor salutes and walks away to return to his duties.
Re: Harci/harki 03/02/2007 10:43 PM CST
Bartlebee:

>Good questions. Can you tell me where the harci or harki knives are obtained?

Any word on this?

Re: Harci/harki 08/22/2008 02:47 AM CDT
>This is a question primarily for Bartlebee:

>I've seen alternate spelling of "harci/harki" knives in game. Assuming this was intentional and not a QA miss, can you explain the difference? I am assuming it's dialectical, but is it geographical or is it a clan-based difference? Is it pronounced differently?

Any movement on this?

Re: Harci/harki 08/22/2008 08:19 AM CDT
C in Ilithic is pronounced hard, like a K. The letter K itself does not occur naturally in Ilithic.

I'm going to venture a guess and say harci is correct and harki just...isn't. Though phonetically, there would be no difference between the two.

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."