Smoke Image 07/14/2006 01:22 PM CDT
Master Level
You see:
You rapidly exhale a series of smoke puffs, eventually forming into a large Olvi family dining upon tarts and tipple. Steam rises from each exquisite dish as the family happily digs in for second breakfast! The littlest smoky Olvi waves merrily to onlookers, inviting them to join in on the feast.
They see:
Laddyn rapidly exhales a series of smoke puffs, eventually forming into a large Olvi family dining upon tarts and tipple. Steam rises from each exquisite dish as the family happily digs in for second breakfast! The littlest smoky Olvi waves merrily to onlookers, inviting them to join in on the feast.
* I see this image as one that can be exhaled at others. EXHALE LINE TART <PERSON> would yield this on the last line: The littlest smoky Olvi waves merrily to <person>, inviting <him/her> to join in on the feast.
Room description:
You also see a smoky Olvi family.
When looked at:
The dining table is filled with a wonderful feast, resplendent with many and varied tarts flanked by casks of tipple. Manners give way to joyful conversation as the family enjoys the company of their relatives and the lovely tastes of the meal.

Streamer Level
You see:
You loft out a cloud of smoke, which forms into a smiling Olvi lad gazing lovingly at his cloudberry tart.
They see:
Laddyn lofts out a cloud of smoke, which forms into a smiling Olvi lad gazing lovingly at his cloudberry tart.
Room description:
You also see a smiling Olvi lad.
When looked at:
The tart looks to be fresh from the oven, and the lad seems quite intent on devouring it with relish.

Whiffler Level
You see:
You release a puff of smoke, which gradually shapes into a grimacing Olvi.
They see:
Laddyn releases a puff of smoke, which gradually shapes into a grimacing Olvi.
Room description:
You also see a grimacing Olvi.
When looked at:
The source of this Olvi's discomfort seems to be his empty hands, which he gazes at disappointedly.

Sneezer Level
You see:
A thick stream of smoke emerges from your mouth, forming something not unlike a misshapen Human child.
They see:
A thick stream of smoke emerges from Laddyn's mouth, forming something not unlike a misshapen Human child.
Room description:
You also see a misshapen Human child.
When looked at:
One of this poor Human child's arms is too short and one of its legs is too long. At least, you think it's a Human child. It could be a goblin.

Wheezer Level
You see:
Hacking and coughing, you expel a rough blast of smoke that looks somehwat like a cloud with arms.
Others see:
Hacking and coughing, Laddyn expels a rough blast of smoke that looks somewhat like a cloud with arms.
Room description:
You also see an odd cloud.
When looked at:
What in the world? This cloud has arms! Someone's trying to play god. A sick, twisted god

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: Smoke Image 07/14/2006 01:35 PM CDT
Oh I love that image! I sent a few images I came up with in but I like yours better than all of mine.

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: Smoke Image 07/14/2006 01:47 PM CDT
Looking back over it just now, I noticed a few things that need changing... like the Olvi lad.

Room description:
You also see a smiling Olvi lad.
When looked at:
The tart looks to be fresh from the oven, and the lad seems quite intent on devouring it with relish.

It's not abundantly clear to someone who walks in after the exhalation that the Olvi lad is holding a tart. I guess either the room description should include that he's cradling a tart or it should be included in the look: The lad is cradling a cloudberry tart which looks to be fresh from the oven, and he seems quite intent on devouring it with relish.

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: Smoke Image 07/14/2006 02:06 PM CDT
That reminds me... not sure if anyone has already put it forward, but we need to have an image of an olvi reclined in his chair smoking a pipe and blowing out smoke images.

Danner
Re: Smoke Image 07/14/2006 02:11 PM CDT
>That reminds me... not sure if anyone has already put it forward, but we need to have an image of an olvi reclined in his chair smoking a pipe and blowing out smoke images.

Heh... I like. Very Escher-esque.

-Fuquois-

Smoke Images 12/03/2007 10:39 PM CST
Checking my smoking list I've mastered deer with a * next to it, meaning I can teach it.. I've also mastered the pixie but it's not marked *.. meaning I can't teach it? Or is there a higher level of master...?... and continuing to practice the pixie will allow me to teach it?
Re: Smoke Images 12/04/2007 12:50 AM CST
Yes, master means you can create the best image possible. Teaching master means you can teach it. And yes, practicing more will get you to that point.
Re: Smoke Images 12/04/2007 02:38 PM CST
Master means you can get the highest level of that image.
The * means you can teach that image.
Keep practicing the pixie and you'll get the * and be able to teach it to other people.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Smoke Image mastery and teaching 09/15/2010 11:31 AM CDT
deer - master*
dragon - master
rabbit - master
pixie - master
kitten - streamer
troll - streamer
horse - streamer
paladin - streamer
whip - streamer
cloak - streamer
stump - streamer
fleas - streamer
daisies - streamer
unicorn - streamer
rams - streamer
bandit - whiffler
ship - wheezer
grave - streamer
fish - sneezer

is there a particular order my halfling needs to be learning these in to be able to teach them? Or does she just need to continue to smoke the mastered ones until the * shows up meaning she can then teach it.
Re: Smoke Image mastery and teaching 09/15/2010 02:16 PM CDT
<<is there a particular order my halfling needs to be learning these in to be able to teach them? Or does she just need to continue to smoke the mastered ones until the * shows up meaning she can then teach it.

no particular order you need to smoke them. Getting better at smoke images is just like any other skill. The more you smoke of a particular image the better you get and once you get the * you can teach others that image.

Learning levels are:
Olvi Non-Olvi
Beginner Wheezer
Amateur Sneezer
Adequate Whiffer
Master
Master*

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Smoke Image mastery and teaching 09/15/2010 06:18 PM CDT
just to be clear the answer to my question is once I've gotten master I just need to keep smoking until I get to master* correct?

"I think I just had an evilgasm." - Lord Xykon: Order of the Stick
Re: Smoke Image mastery and teaching 09/15/2010 06:24 PM CDT
Yes.
Re: Smoke Image mastery and teaching 11/12/2010 03:38 PM CST
I was gonna ask if anyone knew bracelet that could teach it, but I guess the answer is yes then no... lame

anyone around to teach web then?

those are the last 2 I need.

An old cranky ogre with no legs says, "Naarg wives all this Naarg wives now."
Re: Smoke Image mastery and teaching 11/12/2010 06:30 PM CST
i have a character in plat that knows bracelet & can teach it if you wanna come over there!

my prime-side bard knows web though. haven't played her in awhile, so i'd have to look up to see where she is. <most probably either in crossing or theren>

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath