1 3 Next Next_page
Smoking Images 03/19/2008 09:38 PM CDT
Are there anyother smoking images except what all halflings start with? Oh and another quick question. Do I have to go to Haven for my tobacco or is there another place I can purchase my smokes. Thanks in advance for any help.

Japh
Re: Smoking Images 03/19/2008 09:46 PM CDT
There are custom images that can only be learned from other players. At least one of them was hoarded by the winning player and was never taught to anyone before she left, and they are spread across all three instances pretty evenly (at least one per instance).

There was talk about adding more custom images, but as far as I know this has remained just talk.

There are smoke shops all over, but not every place has every flavor or piece of paraphanelia. There is a shop in Arthe Dale, Riverhaven, and Therenborough for sure, but apparently the tobacco grows so wide and thick there that nobody there actually needs a pouch to store their supply in (I guess they just rip it out of the ground, stuff it in the bowl, and light up as needed).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Smoking Images 03/19/2008 10:05 PM CDT
Raven Point also has some, and you can snag some free stuff from the paladin guild in hib

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer.
--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://blog.myspace.com/57223313
Re: Smoking Images 03/19/2008 10:06 PM CDT
Raven's Point also sells tobacco and tobacco products.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Re: Smoking Images 03/20/2008 08:13 AM CDT
The Paladin only shop in Crossing has pipe's and tobacco I believe. The elderly halfling sells tobacco in Arthe Dale. Riverhaven has some great cigars, tobacco, pipe's and other items. Raven's Point has a great shop with a back room for smoking and sipping cider.

As for images, there are 3 custom images. 2 of the three have been passed on to other Olvi to teach, the 3rd one has not. The character is still alive and well and I am sure she will pass on her legacy when she fills the time is right to do so. The two custom images that have been passed on are Web and Phoenix. Feel free to hollar for me and I'll be happy to teach them to you. I travel between Riverhaven, Crossing, Shard and Raven's Point with an occassional trip to Ratha.

~Eoworfinia~
Dartenian fades into view.
A horde of Lawrence Welk fans decend on the area.
Dartenian whimpers softly.
Re: Smoking Images 03/20/2008 11:38 AM CDT
Thank you. I will look for you so I can learn the images or if you see me (Japhrimel) just holler. And thanks everyone for the quick answers to my questions.

Japh
Re: Smoking Images 04/08/2008 07:55 PM CDT
I won a contest for a custom smoke image a couple years back but since Dremara has since left it's been up in the air and I haven't been able to get an answer on whether it will ever be awarded.

The contest was in Platinum but it was my understanding it would have likely been released in Prime, much as the custom images from Prime were released in Plat.

http://www.drtanning.net
Smoking Image 03/19/2009 07:06 PM CDT
Anyone around Crossing willing to teach me a smoking image or two?

Nikor
Re: Smoking Images 04/06/2009 04:39 PM CDT
Just a quick question, could you list all three custom smoke images for me? Web, phoenix and.. ?

Sorry... tell me again, what do you mean you had no time to get favours?
Re: Smoking Images 04/06/2009 04:43 PM CDT
I believe the last one is bracelet.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Smoking Images 04/06/2009 04:45 PM CDT
>I believe the last one is bracelet.

Is there still anyone around who actully knows this image? Ive been looking for a teacher for like EVER. Boobuh taught me most of the images, including phoenix and web.

Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.
~Tim Berners-Lee
Re: Smoking Images 04/06/2009 04:49 PM CDT
The only person that knows the bracelet is the one that designed it and won the contest for it. It was never shared by choice of that person.

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
Re: Smoking Images 04/06/2009 09:06 PM CDT
Wonder if said person is even around, but they did win the contest so if they don't wanna shared, more power to 'em.

Kalkomar Axebiter
Grimis Stok
Re: Smoking Images 04/07/2009 12:13 AM CDT
>more power to 'em.

And less sharing! Sharing is everything that's wrong with the world!
Re: Smoking Images 04/07/2009 09:03 AM CDT
Yes the person is still around. She has promised if she decides to leave the realms that she will pass the image on to an Olvi. Her legacy will live on! I trust her! Sides, she's married to Mykk, one of the best all time Olvi from my life in the realms. Never fear folks. Good things really do come to those who wait, just ask Eoworfinia to tell you the story of the vulture and the chicken hawk if you don't believe me!

~Eoworfinia~
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Re: Smoking Images 04/07/2009 09:55 AM CDT
>Sides, she's married to Mykk

*note to self: Stalk Mykk to the ends of Elanthia to get his wife's name to pester her for the image and tell her to blame it on Eoworfinia*

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Smoking Images 04/07/2009 11:13 AM CDT
I miss Mykk. Haven't had a chance to talk to him since before I left last time.
Re: Smoking Images 04/07/2009 11:20 AM CDT
>*note to self: Stalk Mykk to the ends of Elanthia to get his wife's name to pester her for the image and tell her to blame it on Eoworfinia*

No need to stalk Mykk. Her name is Fizzia. I doubt you will see her in the game since I hear life is busy for her and Mykk with their own year old "Olvi". So, Mykk and Fizzia are happily enjoying their RL "Olvi" family these days. Also, I think Mykk's website arthedale.com has descriptions of all the smoke images there, if you are curious what the braclet image looks like.

~Eoworfinia~
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Re: Smoking Images 04/17/2009 09:24 AM CDT
Let me get this straight...there's a contest, in which multiple people compete, the end result being something new for the entire game. Yet the winner, instead of sharing said thing with the community, decides to hoard it. Awesome. There's two words for types of people like that.

Selfish <word that would get my post pulled>
Re: Smoking Images 04/17/2009 09:31 AM CDT
from his website:

"Also, thanks to our GM Race Champion Fial, the three winners of his Smoking Shapes Contest have the ability to blow their own contest entry! I don't know anyone other than these three people who have their own ingame verbs. I will post the contest results and an example from Fizzia's player as soon as I can."

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
1 3 Next Next_page