tog history 02/02/2011 08:33 AM CST
So the snakes obviously have a false history of the togs, we were never trolls. Do the togs have any lore in game I can go read? I know they aren't the brightest but that doesnt mean they can't have some old books somewhere.
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 11:54 AM CST
the dwarves have a different "history" of the togs.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: tog history 02/02/2011 04:13 PM CST
>the dwarves have a different "history" of the togs.

...in plat. That, as far as I'm aware, is entirely player based, not backed up on any actual DR documents, and certainly not in prime.

Have you checked the library? I recall there being one that suggested togs and mur were from the same common ancestor.
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 05:39 PM CST
>...in plat.

If someone tries to import Sent-Togs, I will go on a homicidal killing spree.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 06:14 PM CST
>>If someone tries to import Sent-Togs, I will go on a homicidal killing spree.

Is rule.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 08:20 PM CST
>If someone tries to import Sent-Togs, I will go on a homicidal killing spree.

I'd gladly export them. For any players wondering what we're talking about, see link below.

http://www.drplat.com/History/GorTog%20Guide.htm

Short version: players rewrote effective lore on togs in plat and it's kind of stuck, though there are perhaps 2-3 players who use this RP and understand it. And the occasional player who simply plays a moron-tog.

I hate it with a fulminating sulphuric passion, but I'm clearly not for everyone myself.
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 08:27 PM CST
Krooner isn't completely accurate. While Plat does have a version there are books in Prime with differing racial viewpoints.
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 08:32 PM CST
Wow, thats some crazy plat stuff there. I was definitely looking for more of an official history since a couple of races have differing viewpoints. Are we to just assume the Tog lore is missing forever since it was never written down?
Re: tog history 02/02/2011 09:05 PM CST
>Are we to just assume the Tog lore is missing forever since it was never written down?

I'm in the process of writing something, that may become official (they liked something I did before, so who knows).

I'm a big fan of "if it's missing, submit stuff to fill it" when it comes to lore.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 05:56 AM CST
awesome I hope its more of a tog story from a tog perspective, because obviously togs arent from trolls... right?
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 01:47 PM CST
<<because obviously togs arent from trolls... right?>>

Will it change how you roleplay your Gor'Tog if they were?

GM Jaedren
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 02:08 PM CST
<<Will it change how you roleplay your Gor'Tog if they were?>>

Yes, it will make me angry and bitter towards the S'Kra, for keeping the records.

All in all the tog in me doesn't want it to be true so Ill probably just do what I do best and suppress it.

Is it true Jaedren?
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 02:42 PM CST
The great thing about myth and legend is that anything could be true. We're all free to engage in mythopoeia when it comes to this stuff. Even if the S'kra considered Togs to be intelligent trolls when they encountered them, that doesn't mean there wasn't an origin for the race that predated their "discovery."

There's really nothing to say that the story your character's grandpappy's brother's best friend's nursemaid's husband passed down into the family about Togs being born directly from the muscles of the Immortals isn't true (except contradictory, and equally unprovable, stories or theories).

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 02:44 PM CST
Exactly what Ogdaro's player said. You'll likely never get an answer on way or another, anyway. It's kinda meant to be one of those 'could go either way' things.

GM Jaedren
Re: tog history 02/03/2011 04:03 PM CST
Consider the Togball. Round. Heavy. Easily thrown around.

When you look at how perfectly a Toggish foot smacks against it, how can you deny that Gor'togs were always as they are, and that even the Togball has a purpose in Elanthia?

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: tog history 02/04/2011 11:50 AM CST
i wasn't referring to the plat "sent-togs" in saying that the dwarves have a different story for tog origins than the s'kra <although the sent-togs are hilarious and fun-and their player is missed>- ingame, there is a reference, a creation story of the dwarves, that relates them having been created by kertigen as shelter to keep the sun off the dwarves, or something to that effect.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath