looking for a family 02/19/2008 07:35 PM CST
Not really sure how to go about this...

All my previous characters were either adopted, orphaned or I just didn't play them enough to develop a back story. I'm really enjoying this character and feel like putting more work into him. So what I'm looking for are some togs to be siblings, parents, what have you. I'm not looking for handouts, I've got my own money and dont need yours.

I'm not going to suddenly turn into an infant when the parents are around, that always seemed odd. I'm not going to scream your name over the gweth. Won't follow you around or dirty your image. Pretty much just looking to role play a mature family.

The one seeking a family:
He is a level-headed, tog cleric of Everild, age 21. Mid-thirties in circle, he's fairly confidant of who he is and where he's headed.

thanks all!
Re: looking for a family 02/20/2008 05:42 AM CST
well, i have a tog barb <age 57> old enough to be his mother. Although we'd have to come up with what reason a son of mine would wander off and become a finger-waggler.... :-)

player of Barzella. 34th circle barbarian, who is also an everild worshipper.

she's currently in haven if you want to meet up in-game and discuss, we'd also have to come up with something as to where and who the father is... unless someone wants to volunteer. :-)

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: looking for a family 02/20/2008 01:26 PM CST
You can join the ironweeds, but all we really do is kill things and slap people around. I dont know if thats considered mature RP..

Re: looking for a family 02/23/2008 06:00 PM CST
Uh, I seriously have to ask why.

Why must your parents be adventurers?

Why must your parents be players?

Why can't they be some of the faceless peasants and townsfolk that exist all over DR?

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: looking for a family 02/23/2008 06:33 PM CST
My parents were Olvi wine makers for that specific reason. I think its a little crazy how many interspecies families there are.
Re: looking for a family 02/23/2008 08:03 PM CST
>Why can't they be some of the faceless peasants and townsfolk that exist all over DR?

I can't speak for others, but I can't remember my parents because I got amnesia at some point when I was in the orphanage.
Re: looking for a family 02/23/2008 08:12 PM CST
At age 14 I killed my parents and was hand-selected by the King of the (tribal group, rival nation or secret faction) to assassinate (name of well-known political leader) because of my mastery of (form of necromancy magic currently unavailable in-game).
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: looking for a family 02/23/2008 09:14 PM CST
Well hey Ciressa was raised by her Grannyma who spent her life sewing for the tailor at the Haven dress shop. It worked for me anyway.
:Post Hidden: looking for a family 02/24/2008 09:31 AM CST
A post was hidden.

Questions and/or comments can be sent to MOD-Hagbar@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: looking for a family 02/24/2008 11:07 AM CST
I've done the faceless npc family. I've done the amnesia and who hasn't done the orphan back story? I didn't want to go for the interracial family.

My only interest in this is for the RP opportunities.
Re: looking for a family 02/24/2008 11:31 AM CST
>>I've done the amnesia and who hasn't done the orphan back story?

I haven't. Symphaena's a runaway trying to forget about her role in Daddy's death (he died in a horrible fishing accident, and I was the only one around to help; being too unskilled with my gifts, he died anyway). For all I know, Mom's still living in Riverhaven.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: looking for a family 02/24/2008 11:48 AM CST
One of my 'Togs is an orphan too, all his children died of old age.

You don't have to have adventurers in the direct line, look for some first, second, and third cousins, some in-laws of your childhood best friend, etc. As far as we know all the 'Togs are second cousins twice removed from Uthmor.

mfberg
Re: looking for a family 02/24/2008 01:42 PM CST
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "I'm the reincarnation of the Elven hero Lanival"
Re: looking for a family 02/24/2008 05:16 PM CST
>I'm surprised no one has mentioned "I'm the reincarnation of the Elven hero Lanival"

Stop stealing my backstory.

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."
Re: looking for a family 02/25/2008 04:06 PM CST
I had no parents, i was forged by everild. Tempered in blood and muscle, and quenched with ale.

Re: looking for a family 07/30/2008 10:25 PM CDT
Meeze da orfin toose. Momma, me pa and all me brudder and sistas was kilt by a pack of rabid gnomes...

Tog slobbers ta alls,
Klurn Odarien

(Yup i am still around you all may see me around more soon!)
Re: looking for a family 08/03/2008 03:15 AM CDT
Good to see that name around. :)

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn