Weapon 10/24/2007 11:58 PM CDT
Sooooooo, where's my Toggish racial weapon?

Hmmm?

Nudge

Nudge

Nudge

Magic's Death Caraamon M.,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Weapon 10/25/2007 09:51 PM CDT
I've got dibs on it, sorry.

< You clamp your teeth on an arbelog's abdomen gnashing it with painful bites that cuts deeply into its groin.
An arbelog is moderately stunned!
An arbelog hisses out a whispered curse as it stumbles, falls, then dies.
[You're very badly balanced]
Re: Weapon 10/25/2007 11:20 PM CDT
I've got a massive black Gor'Tog war hammer engraved with screaming skulls. Not quite a racial weapon but it is an OLD alteration, I think I remember seeing someone with it well before the web move but I don't remember who. I bought it off Mosk several years ago. Just thought I've share it since it's neat, if I wasn't on an island right now I'd dig it out of my vault to fetch the description off of it and get an appraisal, I believe it is one of those mega heavy war hammers that are sold in Dirge.
From another folder: Tog Weapons 11/30/2010 11:34 PM CST
I'm bored and noticed a little discussion that touched on the topic of Tog racial weaponry, so I thought I'd toss this out there. When you think of Tog weapons, what comes to mind?

My personal view in disorganized stream of consciousness form:

Because of their status as slaves for so long, and their cultural dependence on others, particularly the S'Kra until their emancipation. Considering that it's apparently widely accepted that Togs were little more than "intelligent trolls" prior to that (it could be disputed, but I've never seen any truly contrary view on the subject offered up), I don't personally think they would maintain any particularly race-specific weaponry.

What I do think would be appropriate insofar as Tog-devised weaponry would be weapon designs originating from other races/cultures, adapted by the Togs to suit their own unique physiology. I think the weapons sold in Boar Clan are a decent first step in this direction, having mostly above average stats for store-bought, while coming at an extra weight. More ideally, however, I'd like to see unique adaptations along the lines of weapons like the Dwarven tunneler's axe, or the gladius or throwing stars sold at the recent fest for Eloths and Elves respectively.

In particular I could see Tog weapons granting the Tog wielding them a greater amount of impact damage and suitability for strength as well as heightened balance over other races wielding the same weapon. This would reflect the fact that, in general, the weight distribution of a Tog weapon would be geared toward taking into account the longer limbs and higher center of gravity of the wielder.

It would also be interesting if there were things like non-two-handed weapons (say a war hammer or a scimitar) that could strike from pole due to their greater length, or perhaps that would only strike from pole in the hands of a Tog.

Another idea would be Toggish hurling stones, which would be stacking blunt LT equivalents to throwing blades. I imagine they'd work similarly to the Elven throwing stars due to the difficulty of non-Togs actually holding a full "stack" in one hand at one time to begin with.

That's all I've got for now.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: From another folder: Tog Weapons 12/01/2010 12:33 AM CST
>When you think of Tog weapons, what comes to mind?

When I think of Toggish weapons, I primarily think of weapons derived from tools or can be made from tools. I picture pretty much any weapons they had pre-slavery being mostly dead (unless there were efforts to refind them... riste anyone?), and any current weapons having started life as whatever could be gotten by slaves.

Also, the things I picture, like mallets, hammers, sledges, axes, and their derivates tend to be far more suited towards strength.

As for the mechanical advantages, I can easily picture the typical things like enhanced damage, suitability or balance, and I love the idea of enhanced range. But more specifically, I'd love to see them have much enhanced Force of Impact, throwing people around.

I would also sell my firstborn son for throwing boulder(s).

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: From another folder: Tog Weapons 12/01/2010 01:40 AM CST
>>I would also sell my firstborn son for throwing boulder(s).

Heh. I'll offer a case of their favorite beer to any GM who creates a Toggish over-the-shoulder boulder holder to go with them.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: From another folder: Tog Weapons 12/01/2010 01:50 AM CST
>Heh. I'll offer a case of their favorite beer to any GM who creates a Toggish over-the-shoulder boulder holder to go with them.

I'll offer two cases to whoever makes Ogdaro suffer most.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares