State of the Gnome 08/19/2013 07:35 PM CDT
I'll make this a little bit quick and short (like gnomes?), but I realized even though I sort of took Gnomes under my wing awhile back - I never told you guys. Basically I expanded the Kaldar Champion role into the "Albarian" Champion role since so much of the lore and other projects I was thinking about/working on covered both races. So there's that.

Which brings us to the Gnome Village. Good news! I found it! And honestly, at a quick glance, it's not in bad shape. It does still need a justice system and I can only find one hunting creature (If there was more planned I haven't found them, documentation of them or a hunting area for them), and that creature is going to need some major work - but those are both things I've done before. Really the big hurdles are going to be the fact that I know nothing about the planned lore associated with it and that it's a fairly large project and even though most of it has "been through QC" that process has sprawled over the last 12 years. It's going to take some time to go through it and even figure out what's there let alone what is finished and what's not.

As a topic starter for all of you Gnomes - How do you feel about the three Gnome Gods. I keep tripping over (sparse) documentation of them and it seems like not much was ever released to the players about them. Are they something people would be interested in having further developed, or are people content with the plethora of Gods we already have? Or was sufficient information already released about them, and I just don't realize it?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: State of the Gnome 08/19/2013 08:04 PM CDT
>>As a topic starter for all of you Gnomes - How do you feel about the three Gnome Gods. I keep tripping over (sparse) documentation of them and it seems like not much was ever released to the players about them. Are they something people would be interested in having further developed, or are people content with the plethora of Gods we already have? Or was sufficient information already released about them, and I just don't realize it?

I like the idea of more information on how the Albarian gods work in relation to the Kermorian gods as a whole, let alone the Gnome-oriented ones.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: State of the Gnome 08/19/2013 08:24 PM CDT
The state of Gnomic religion is one that started me on playing the race, personally. So I'd say that I'm very interested in more complete documentation on them.

I've not been able to find much on them other than their symbols. No real statement of purpose or method of worship has been presented that I've seen. But then again, I've not been into the Gnome RP for that long and could have just missed some significant meeting years ago.

What are you worried about, a pool of black shadows might jump up and bite you?
Re: State of the Gnome 08/19/2013 09:25 PM CDT
I play gnomes all the time because they are my favorite race, but I have never paid much attention to any of the deities in any way. I usually pick meraud for my initial favors in Crossing, and Kuniyo once I get to blood wolves and caracals because they are convenient. Gnome gods? meh. No interest whatsoever.

"Believe it or not, most of us have far more entertaining things to do than yank you up to regale us with tales of textual murder. " ~GM Melete
Re: State of the Gnome 08/20/2013 07:18 AM CDT
I'm always in favor of lore.

I have been able to only find VERY spares information on the gnomic gods, so I don't think you're missing anything released to players.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: State of the Gnome 11/16/2013 06:18 PM CST
Yay for finding the gnome village!! That would be incredible to have a place to call home!

I like the development of the three gnome gods as well. Thank you so much for working on this with everything else!

Mmmmm...pie
Re: State of the Gnome 11/17/2013 02:53 AM CST
As only a recent entrant into the Gnome playerbase, take my words with a grain of salt. Or an entire salt shaker.

But I personally prefer more development of the shared Alaudian religion. Not in the sense of "can we get favors?" but mythology, lore, even stuff like astrological beliefs and things like that. This is because it serves as an interaction point between Kaldar and Gnomes (those who care about the fact that both Kaldar and Gnomes speak Gorbesh, anyways).

It's also more recent to Gnomish belief systems. To my understanding the traditional Gnomish trinity is very, very old by comparison. I would expect to see that to be less prevalent, though I would also expect to see things like Gizzbolf being equated with Aniek (or as married to her, etc), and shrines featuring propitiatory offerings to Spangklud, and people claiming that Krigglin is the true name of Kertigen, and such. So I guess what I'm saying is - I would like to see whatever appears to really appear in the entire universe, not just as its own thing. There's no point to introducing a religious cult that also doesn't have cultists going around, doing stuff, and people interpreting or working or reworking those beliefs into things. And I don't just mean putting beaver icons all over stuff.

Like, "who worships these gods?" And I don't mean just "gnomes" or "gnomish tinkers" but do recent entrants to Kermoria do it? Only a few gypsies from Albaria? Was it ever a common thing? Did they maintain altars beside Alaudian ones? Was the belief suppressed? Unfashionable? Retro-fashionable? Are there any specific rituals they have? Et cetera et cetera.

Addressing little things like those helps to make the deities and/or their cults feel more rooted in the actual setting instead of just there. The Rakash gods were "just there" (in my opinion) for a long, long while, and a few of the less-important 39 of the deities still are.

"Izujesha doz uchubam!"
Re: State of the Gnome 12/08/2013 08:49 PM CST
With as much has changed with the realms during my multi-year absence, it's nice to see assurances that our village is still on the way, hasn't.

Miser Yamaga
Re: State of the Gnome 12/08/2013 09:24 PM CST
Why, that sounded nearly passive-aggressive. Not that I have a dog in a gnome village fight(other than a fierce desire to see it burn down on day of release), but seems like benefit of the doubt might called for in this situation.

Illimin
Re: State of the Gnome 12/09/2013 08:46 AM CST
That will save a lot of coding, just release it to have it get burned down right away.

Well the gnomes had a village, it got released and it was razed!

Ummm, maybe not.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.