I wonder 10/08/2010 10:38 AM CDT
I wonder who's still out there, and i wonder whose hiding in my imaginary village. Come on Dart I came back just so i could motivate you into making my village happen.

Hey Halfstaff.

Zelaide
Re: I wonder 10/09/2010 08:54 AM CDT
Heya Zelaide,

How goes it?

Like you, I too wonder where our ever elusive village has wondered off to now. Won't it be a wonderful day when it is finally discovered after 10 long years of searching.

I'm not sure Dart is still our racial champion anymore. I thought I heard somewhere that he had at least a plate and a half full of stuff they were wanting him to do for the Paladins.

Haven't seen Red or Yamaga since I've been back, or Azhag for that matter.

Not sure if you were around or not for these, but GM Belladzia (the Kaldar champion) was holding racial meetings. Maybe we should think about getting together again. I don't think there's been an actual Gnome Meeting in quite some time.

good to see you're back
-Halfstaff
Re: I wonder 10/09/2010 02:18 PM CDT
Just a heads up -- Belladzia is no longer on staff and I'm the current Kaldar Champion.

As far as I know Dartenian is still the Gnome champion but he is a very busy man right now (Between the combat rewrite and other projects).

I can't say I have any plans for gnomish development but if you keep an eye on the Kaldar stuff, there might be a little crossover.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: I wonder 10/10/2010 09:23 AM CDT
<<As far as I know Dartenian is still the Gnome champion but he is a very busy man right now (Between the combat rewrite and other projects).

First off, congrats on becoming the Kaldar champion Raesh.

Can either you or Dart give us any concrete info on what to expect. Are they still planning on releasing the village, or does this thing just need to wander on over to the cemetery and die?

The last we heard was from Dart in January of this year. At that time it sounded like the bulk of the Village was out of QC and he was just putting some finishing touches on it. I guess that's when they yanked him over to do the Paladin stuff. What a crushing blow that must have been to him when he was so so close.

Any news would be great Raesh, or Dart.

-Halfstaff
Re: I wonder 10/15/2010 06:18 PM CDT
I thought i was gonna play when i came back, but the first thing i did was come back and go back to runnin' the same old scripts again. pppffffttt.

So I guess I'll ask about the village again before the month is up, because in the end it's the only reason I keep track of the boards from time to time. It'd really be nice to see our village and enjoy the decade, or more, of work that's gone into it. I can't even keep track of the number of GMs I've discussed the village with, planned the village with, or how many Gnome "champions" we've had over the years. Oh well i guess it's just another of life's unfullfilled dreams.

I wonder if my goat whistle is bonded to me, i bet Barnacus at least would enjoy a more active lifestyle.
Re: I wonder 10/15/2010 06:21 PM CDT
>So I guess I'll ask about the village again before the month is up, because in the end it's the only reason I keep track of the boards from time to time.

Raesh commented on this two posts above yours...

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: I wonder 10/16/2010 08:43 AM CDT
<<Raesh commented on this two posts above yours...

Yes, but I believe Ms. Dela'Mist, like myself, was hoping for a response from Team Gnome, and not Team Kaldar (not that we don't appreciate Raesh's input).

-Halfstaff
Re: I wonder 10/20/2010 08:03 PM CDT
<<Sulakhan>> Raesh commented on this two posts above yours.

<<Raesh>> As far as I know Dartenian is still the Gnome champion but he is a very busy man right now (Between the combat rewrite and other projects).

I guess that could be construed as a comment on the village, but it's not quite what i was hoping for. I understand Dartenian is busy, he's always busy, he's a great coder and delves in deep, it's what happens when yer good at what you do. You become the person everyone wants working on the higher end projects.

Raesh thank you for at least acknowleding our existence, and yes i realize I have no room to complain since i've been gone for so long. It's just frustrating...... maybe i shoulda been rakash.

Zel
Re: I wonder 10/21/2010 07:07 AM CDT
<<It's just frustrating...... maybe i shoulda been rakash.

Oh don't even say that as a joke. You've been a Gnome way too long to think like that :{D>

It does get frustrating at times, but that's all part of being a Gnome and playing DragonRealms. Sometimes the tide's out and you find yourself staring out across the ocean daydreaming about what you've been waiting for, and other times you're riding the big waves like a big dog.

Keep your chin up and keep the faith... who knows, maybe Dart will shake loose from what he's doing and start screaming "Surf's Up!"

As an aside Zel, it is great to have you back. I'd love to get together and catch up... maybe kick around a couple ideas. Still living in Shard, but I'm fairly mobile if you're not in that vicinity.

-Halfstaff

Re: I wonder 10/21/2010 02:49 PM CDT
You know me Halfstaff, I'm an islander to the end. I'll head back to the mainland this wknd. I've got a few days off comin' up and hope to be logged in a bit, will keep an eye out for ya.

The rakash comment was mostly made in jest as I believe they were the most recent to discover/receive a new village if I remember right.

Zel
Re: I wonder 10/23/2010 09:16 AM CDT
<<I've got a few days off comin' up and hope to be logged in a bit, will keep an eye out for ya.

Sounds like a plan. Would love to sit and share an ale with an old friend.

-Halfstaff