Gnome Village 2010 01/20/2010 01:26 PM CST
Looking at the goals for 2010, I noticed that the Gnome Village is no longer in QC like it was back in 2008... Set backs? Rakash appear to be ahead of us! Didn't even realize they were getting a village, good for them.

http://www.play.net/dr/news/2010/goals.asp
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 12:48 AM CST
Heyo!

The bulk of the Gnome Village is out of QC. I basically just have the justice system stuff to finish up, as well as the critters for the hunting area, and it should be good to go. The former is going to take the longest, simply because it involves both a few more rooms and some major mechanics. Critters are 95% done...just working on something new & evil for these guys to make them worthy of being the archenemies of the local Gnomes. Meaning smart and devious, of course.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 12:51 AM CST
I'll ask for Szrael...

Will they be constructs?

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 02:15 AM CST
They will need to be... constructed?

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 06:30 AM CST
Will there be goats!?

Thanks for the update Dart!
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 08:04 AM CST
Bah! Ill-tempered sheep are better than goats ;)
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 08:53 AM CST
<<The bulk of the Gnome Village is out of QC.

Are you saying the Gnome Village will be released this year?

Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 08:59 AM CST
<<Will they be constructs?

I think that the "add more constructs" was added at the end of the list just so poor Szrael wouldn't explode.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/21/2010 09:16 AM CST
Does this mean that your expanding P5 still?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/16/2010 09:35 AM CDT
The Rakash Village was released...maybe we'll be next?
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/16/2010 11:12 AM CDT
Fingers crossed.

-Dihm
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/16/2010 07:29 PM CDT
I think it was already taken over by Troggs and is a low-level instance.

Oh wait, wrong game.

- Fist of the Heavens Korsik Rippentropp, Aegis of Justice

I warned you before I'm addicted to war
I was praying for Armageddon on the day I was born
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/18/2010 10:44 AM CDT
<<The Rakash Village was released...maybe we'll be next?

Well seeing as how GM Draewin was collecting ideas from us in 2001 and began construction that same year, coupled with the fact that other GMs have posted for years now that it's almost out of QC... one would hope the village would be released soon, yes.

Actually... one might have reasonably expected that the few remaining QC issues of the Gnome village might have been concluded before an entire Rakash village could have been planned, built, passed through QC AND released.

In any case... hats off to the Rakash for being able to get their village. You folks must have some powerful mojo going on. Well done!

-Halfstaff
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/19/2010 06:11 AM CDT
Any update on our village Dart?

Free goats for all gnomes?

-Dihm
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/19/2010 09:38 AM CDT
>>Free goats for all gnomes?
Bah, I want an ill-tempered sheep.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/27/2013 04:56 PM CST
>>Heyo!

>> The bulk of the Gnome Village is out of QC. I basically just have the justice system stuff to finish up, as well as the critters for the hunting area, and it should be good to go. The former is going to take the longest, simply because it involves both a few more rooms and some major mechanics. Critters are 95% done...just working on something new & evil for these guys to make them worthy of being the archenemies of the local Gnomes. Meaning smart and devious, of course.

>> - GM Dartenian

So I know 3.0 was (and still is) the biggest priority and resource intensive project, but will the village still come to fruition, soonish even hopefully??
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/27/2013 06:43 PM CST
I tried to track it down awhile ago, and while I have some leads I don't have a good grasp of where exactly the village is. Which is not to say it won't happen... just that it's going to be a minor project in and of itself figure out what's there, what's done, what's not done, what will blow up since it was all written before 3.0 etc.

And, of course, finding someone who has the time to do that with all the 3.0 things sitting at the top of the pile right now.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Gnome Village 2010 01/27/2013 07:46 PM CST
I thought Dart was still on the GM force, just was a little bit more behind the scenes, supervisor position?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/07/2013 04:45 AM CDT
I've been away for 8 years and was wondering if this was the same village that was in the planning stages around 2002/3/4? There was even going to be a gnomish museum with tinkered items and ol Cogwheel had one of his items selected to be part of it but communication stopped back then and then I drifed away. Just wondering if someone knows this info offhand here at the end of the thread, as my aim to delve into yeeeeeears of forums is a bit... daunting.

~Cogwheel
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/07/2013 06:14 AM CDT
12/14/2009: "Still working on the Village. Most of it is through QC now. I just need to finish up the justice system and the critter for the hunting area, so it's fairly close." -GM Dartenian

1/27/2013: "I tried to track it down awhile ago, and while I have some leads I don't have a good grasp of where exactly the village is. Which is not to say it won't happen... just that it's going to be a minor project in and of itself figure out what's there, what's done, what's not done, what will blow up since it was all written before 3.0 etc.

And, of course, finding someone who has the time to do that with all the 3.0 things sitting at the top of the pile right now." -GM Raesh

So yeah, there ya go.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Gnome Village 2010 10/08/2016 03:31 PM CDT
Any update on our lil ole village?
Re: Gnome Village 2010 10/18/2016 07:45 PM CDT
No changes that I'm aware of since the last update.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Gnome Village 2010 10/20/2016 10:56 AM CDT

Must be getting for 4 years I haven't looked at the boards and we still don't have the village!

Ah well

Redfers
Re: Gnome Village 2010 10/23/2016 11:24 PM CDT
Heya Red,

Wow.. still no village eh?

They should have just sold us the Gorbesh Fort south of Shard when we tried to buy it from Kukalakai. If memory serves, I think we even bribed her with Plats, Flawless Diamonds and Oversized Emeralds. We should see about getting that back from the city officials.. LOL

-Halfstaff
Re: Gnome Village 2010 10/27/2016 07:51 PM CDT
>No changes that I'm aware of since the last update.

So close... yet so far

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Gnome Village 2010 04/27/2019 06:17 AM CDT
Can't wait to finally have to duck before entering a building as a Halfling when I visit the Gnome Village.

-Rixie