... 01/17/2010 10:39 AM CST
Do gnomes have anything special?

Olvi have their smoking. Prydaen and their ears or whatever. Do gnomes have their own verb or thing?

__

"Crowthers openly claim that anyone can claim the leadership no one has ever risen to contest it. That is to say, no ones ever found the bodies."
Re: ... 01/17/2010 11:27 AM CST
Gnomes have a couple of dismantles. I believe they also have tinker- but my gnome hasn't tried that yet. Also, there are a couple of places that they can walk that the larger races have to kneel.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: ... 01/17/2010 11:35 AM CST
What do you mean they have tinker?

__

"Crowthers openly claim that anyone can claim the leadership no one has ever risen to contest it. That is to say, no ones ever found the bodies."
Re: ... 01/17/2010 03:02 PM CST
>What do you mean they have tinker?

It's a type of box dismantle.

You look at a two-colored dartboard and see:
Copernicus has yet to throw.
There is currently no black player.
Re: ... 01/17/2010 03:16 PM CST
i'm not sure if it was tinker but one of gnome's dismantles was jumping into the box then bust out some kungfu to break the box from within.
Re: ... 01/17/2010 03:40 PM CST
>i'm not sure if it was tinker but one of gnome's dismantles was jumping into the box then bust out some kungfu to break the box from within.

That's jump. I wish it didn't exist honestly, since it breaks the laws of physics.

Re: ... 01/17/2010 03:42 PM CST
That one is jump, but there is a tinker dismantle
Re: ... 01/17/2010 04:19 PM CST
So I'm guessing the only racial specific thing we have is dismantles?

__

Re: ... 01/17/2010 04:28 PM CST
Well, there's the wagon that sells gnome-only armor. But I can't think of any verbs.

Re: ... 01/18/2010 11:34 AM CST
I know there's a special gnomish weapon out there (at least in Plat) called a Gnomish long-blade that has some seriously drool-worthy stats for Gnomes (much like the dwarven tunneler's axe). Been a couple years and can't remember offhand what they were. Wanting to say mod puncture on a LE and well balanced.

Speaking of which, I saw at the Hollow's Eve fest last year there was a gnome shop that had a small katar and a dagger. Did those have any special race properties or where they just only usable by gnomes?
Re: ... 01/18/2010 12:08 PM CST
>I know there's a special gnomish weapon out there (at least in Plat) called a Gnomish long-blade that has some seriously drool-worthy stats for Gnomes (much like the dwarven tunneler's axe). Been a couple years and can't remember offhand what they were. Wanting to say mod puncture on a LE and well balanced.

I don't know about drool-worthy...

The long blade appears to be perfectly weighted and balanced to take advantage of your keen Gnomish reflexes (and stubby little fingers).

A jewel-hilted Gnomish long blade incised with a blood channel is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
fair puncture damage
low slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the blade is reasonably balanced and is poorly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the long blade is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The long blade is made with metal.
You are certain that the long blade weighs exactly 18 stones.
You are certain that the long blade is worth exactly 2500000 lirums.

It's outperformed by regular forged katars, jambiyas, et cetera.

A cluster of moonpearls encircling a red coral medallion is set into the blade's hilt. The coral is polished to a warm sheen and engraved with a ship, sails full with the wind.

It does look cool, however.

Re: ... 01/18/2010 12:13 PM CST
Wow, it was so much cooler in my memory...
Re: ... 01/18/2010 12:18 PM CST
I find it amusing that a gnomish long blade is light edged. Makes me think about what it would really look like to see a gnome carrying around a normal sized 2HE.
Re: ... 01/18/2010 01:14 PM CST
I find it amusing how it talks about our short, stubby fingers, when that's much more accurate for an Olvi or dwarf.