Albarian Foodie Contest! 01/11/2009 08:37 AM CST
Greetings, folks!

The Kaldar and Gnome Teams are hosting an Albarian foodie contest!

Have you ever wondered what sort of ale they brew in the frigid mountains of Albaria? Or wished for a special sweet treat from the home of our forbearer's? Maybe you've always dreamt of a mammoth sloppy Joe or of baking a pie filled with Kaldaran spotted blueberries?

This is your chance to help us define the foods of Albaria! We can't promise all of the food and drink that you dream up will see the light of Elanthia but I think it's safe to say that at least twelve will! So dust off your creativity and start cooking, baking, brewing and distilling!

The categories for the contest are:

Sweets - (donuts, sweet breads, cookies, candies, cakes, pies, etc)
Savory - (breads and rolls, main dishes, side dishes, appetizers, etc)
Non-alcoholic beverage - (tea, coffee, fizzy drinks, etc)
Alcoholic Drink - (ale, wine, hard liquor, etc)

Entries MUST be original creations of your own design. Entries should be submitted in a format similar to existing food and drink items and MUST include a TAP and TASTE (NO looks please). The TAP can be no longer than 65 characters and the TASTE can be should be no longer than 200 characters.

Examples:
TAP: an oversized porcelain cup of richly spiced black tea. TASTE: Soothing notes of cardamom waft from the brew.

TAP: a snifter of Albarian Armagnac. TASTE: The flash of sharp heat is mellowed by a smooth, rounded finish.

TAP: a skewered mammoth sausage topped with wild mushrooms. TASTE: Firm and meaty, yet tender and succulent, the chanterelle mushroom has a delicious nutty flavor with a hint of apricot.

TAP: a petite marble cheese sandwich on toasted bread. TASTE: It's almost a shame to eat such an incredible smoked cheese on bread like this, but it's sooooo good.

GENERAL RULES
This contest is open to all Kaldars and Gnomes in Prime, Plat and TF. You must have an active Dragonrealms account at the time of judging in order to be considered a winner.

You may submit as many entries as you like, but you can only win once PER ACCOUNT (NOT per category, NOT per character and NOT per instance.) There will be three winning positions per category for a TOTAL of TWELVE winning positions.

Submit your entries to DR-BELLADZIA@PLAY.NET, and please be sure to use the subject of "ALBARIAN FOODIE CONTEST." This will help me sort them as they come in from regular mail so that your entry doesn't get buried under the avalanche of the other email that I receive.

You MUST include your character name, character's race (Kaldar OR Gnome), character's circle, your account name and a current email address (if I can't contact you I can't tell you that you won!).

Deadline for entries is Saturday, January 31st. Winners and prizes will be announced at February's Prime Kaldar Gathering and afterwards on the forums.

Standard submission/property rights from PREMIUM 8 apply: "All contest entries submitted to Dragonrealms contests become the property of Simutronics to be used as desired. The submitter gives up all rights to the submission. Entries can be modified as needed/desired and used for any needed/desired purpose. More detailed rules on any given contest will be provided at the time of the contest. Prizes for any contest are not guaranteed."

GM Belladzia
Kaldar Champion

GM Averiss
Co-Gnome Champion