Tisk's Wagon 05/31/2008 02:28 PM CDT
Heyo!

Tisk's Wagon has turned up in the Greensward of Arthe Dale with some new inventory and a surprise or two. As always, the wagon is accessible by Gnomes only, and all the armor and clothing will fit only Gnomes. There are a few other types of items, however, that anyone can use, although it still takes a Gnome to get in to get 'em.

DISCLAIMER: All worn items are sized for Gnomes only. So don't think you can wear them if you are a big ol' Halfling or somethin'.

Here's a quick summary of the changes:

(1) The old ultralight (and ultrathin) armor is still available in the back room.

(2) New armor available in the front room is Gnome only, but is more traditional armor in terms of both weight and protection now that the double burden penalty on Gnomes is a thing of the past.

(3) There's a new game available, originally conceived by the Kaldar and expanded on by the Gnomes. To learn the basic rules of both the basic Kaldar game and the Gnome version, STUDY them.

(4) There will be another item available in about a week, once a few changes to the music system go live.

(5) TF and Platinum have a couple of items tailored to their instance.

WARNING: Don't feed anything you can't afford to lose to hungry giant Gnomes, even if they beg. Just sayin'.

- GM Dartenian

"So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried, he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled that thing
That couldn't be done and he did it."
- Edgar Guest
Re: Tisk's Wagon 05/31/2008 05:01 PM CDT
Thank you!! I've always missed my ultra thin/light HP gnome armor. Even though i can wear true heavy plate now, I just miss the old tisk stuff!
Re: Tisk's Wagon 05/31/2008 06:46 PM CDT
I checked shortly after the annoucement but there was no wagon in TF yet, but I think I speak for gnomes everywhere when I saw awesome.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 06/01/2008 09:23 AM CDT
>>(3) There's a new game available, originally conceived by the Kaldar and expanded on by the Gnomes. To learn the basic rules of both the basic Kaldar game and the Gnome version, STUDY them.

What is this, exactly?
Just a side message Galren... I don't know if you changed your last name to Rippentrop or not, but you're listed on the Ratha register as Galren Norim... Saw that yesterday.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 06/01/2008 12:47 PM CDT
Knucklebones. It's a throwing game. Four bones with four symbols on each. You throw the knucklebones and see what comes up.

Four symbols are sun, moon, tree and ground, with tree and ground at higher odds to show than sun and moon.

Pretty simple.

Plat's Sibley...
Tisk's Wagon: Music! Music! Music! 06/06/2008 08:19 PM CDT
Heyo!

Tisk has now added the first portable "keyboard" instrument to his stock. Concertinas are now available, and like all "keyboard" instruments will be both very difficult and rely on a mixture of music skills, primarily winds.

This is live in Prime and Platinum. TF will follow as soon as the music system updates make it over there.

- GM Dartenian

"So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried, he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled that thing
That couldn't be done and he did it."
- Edgar Guest
Re: Tisk's Wagon 04/26/2009 06:17 PM CDT
>Tisk's Wagon has turned up in the Greensward of Arthe Dale

anyone happen to know what happened to the wagon? I could have sworn he was in arthe not long ago....did he run off or something?
Re: Tisk's Wagon 04/28/2009 04:15 PM CDT
Last I saw, it was on Aesry south of the bank, but it's been a few months since I was out there and he is a wandering merchant so may no longer be there.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 04/28/2009 07:44 PM CDT
ayup, still there.

[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Liva'an Cha'walkas]
The bank building stands on a slight rise in the terrace terrain. The entrance is through a jail-like gate which swings open during business hours. Two tall cedars sway ceremoniously at the junction of the short path leading to the gate. You also see a ragtag peddler.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, west.

>se
[Aesry Surlaenis'a, Liva'an Cha'walkas]
Thousands of small, shimmering pale grey and white crisp shells crunch underfoot as the road continues to circle the lough. A finger of fog drifts off from the water in slow puffs before dissipating into thin smoky nothing. You also see a market tent and a brightly painted wagon.
Obvious paths: south, northwest.

>go wagon
[Tisk's Wagon, Front Room]
The low ceiling of this room might cause trouble for tall folk, but for shorter Elanthians the effect is merely cozy. Scraps of leather, bits of metal and dust bunnies the size of largish weasels compete for space on the floor, the last sent into a swirling romp whenever anyone moves about. Busy figures can be seen moving energetically behind a gauzy blue curtain that divides the wagon into two halves. You also see a weapon rack with some stuff on it, some wide shelves with some stuff on it, a large cedar trunk, a small plate-clad mannequin with some stuff on it, a small chainmail-clad mannequin with some stuff on it, a redwood bin, a prominent sign, a very small door leading out, a short stand with some stuff on it and a glass case.
Obvious exits: none.
>
You feel fully rested.
>

gnome refugee.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Tisk's Wagon 04/28/2009 08:20 PM CDT
terribly annoying
Tisk's Wagon 09/06/2009 07:27 AM CDT
Heya all,

Does anyone happen to know the current location of Tisk's Wagon?
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/06/2009 07:55 AM CDT
Aesery, by the market tent.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/06/2009 08:03 AM CDT
Last time I was there I tried feeding gems to that mechanical gnome in the back room of the wagon. I got rusty, silver, and gold Gnomic pendents from it. Anyone get anything else?

I don't remember that mechanical gnome being there before. Has he always been there?
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/06/2009 07:20 PM CDT
I've seen a few gnomes with plat pendents. I've tried many things and still haven't gotten one of those myself. I'm not sure if it is value based or random. First try with a jadice flower got me a gold.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/07/2009 07:28 AM CDT
Thanks for the info, appreciate it very much.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/07/2009 05:29 PM CDT
The value of the item does seem to be random- But my gnome in Plat does have one of the pendants.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/08/2009 05:59 AM CDT
The mechanical gnome's been in there since the wagon's previous stop in Arthe, hadn't been in the wagon prior to there so not sure if it's been there longer.
Re: Tisk's Wagon 09/08/2009 06:51 AM CDT
>The mechanical gnome's been in there since the wagon's previous stop in Arthe, hadn't been in the wagon prior to there so not sure if it's been there longer.

I'm pretty sure that's when it was added. Of course, I didn't realize it did anything other than look cool.