clan question 01/25/2016 05:33 AM CST
is there a clan that tends to be more contemplative? clan that tends to be more isolated? hermit-like?
Re: clan question 01/25/2016 10:37 AM CST
Sand or Snow seem to be the most closed off of the Elven Clans. I don't recall any lore of any of them being more contemplative thought. I'm guessing that any individual Elf that wants to go off and be alone could easily do so for long periods of time given the life span.
Re: clan question 01/25/2016 01:41 PM CST

Quiet and contemplative is a typical elf archetype and a fairly common personality type in most races, I imagine. I don't believe you would need to limit yourself to any particular clan. Having said that, I think most clans would fit fairly well; the celestial elves and river clan perhaps less so.
Re: clan question 01/25/2016 02:56 PM CST
Pretty much what they said. Just for basic lack of robust lore (something which I am remeding in the future) Sand and Snow are generally more isolated, and thus could be contemplative. I say could be, because really, it would be more of a personality trait than anything else dictated by a clan, although some clans may respect and revere introspection more than others.

Open ended enough for you? :)

~Evike
Re: clan question 01/25/2016 03:05 PM CST
Sand in particular has more representations in game and the majority of those representations depict them as extremely xenophobic, elitist, and generally wanting nothing to do with what they view as lesser species/clans. Snow might well be the same way, but they haven't benefited from having visible areas/NPCs in the game like Sand has. While Mountain is also pretty isolated/elitist as a nation as well, they're also famous political meddlers, so they tend to be out and about and social and stuff, while the first two with few exceptions seem content with not being involved in largescale politics or the general world theater.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs